These 10 best girlfriend movie songs come from a wide range of movie genres – from action adventures to musical dramas. Whether a guy has a girlfriend, or a girl has a boyfriend, the emotional roller coaster ride of love has produced many great movie songs that deal with this romantic dynamic. Follow this list of the 10 best girlfriend songs, and you may discover some great music, many interesting films, and your new love song to stimulate your relationship.
Prince – "When Doves Cry". The whole entire soundtrack for the movie "Purple Rain" could pretty much fill out the greater half of this best girlfriend movie songs list – but there has to be one that is better than the others. The way this song merges the joy and pain of his relationship with seductive poetry, is pure Prince.
- Whitney Houston – "I Will Always Love You". This major song from the soundtrack to the movie "The Bodyguard", starring Whitney Houston, and Kevin Costner, is a borderline tear-jerker. Whitney breaths emotion into this girlfriend movie song the way the rest of us breath oxygen.
- Huey Lewis and the News – "The Power of Love". This song was practically the Marty McFly theme during "Back to the Future", the most successful hit film of 1985. This song helps narrate McFly's need to time travel back to his own girlfriend, and also to make sure his mom becomes his father's girlfriend while traveling to the past.
- Simple Minds – "Don't You Forget About Me". This classic 1980's song about longing for a lasting relationship is definitely the biggest hit song from the 1984 teen film "The Breakfast Club". This song sums up that jittery feeling you may have felt when you were afraid of losing your girlfriend when she goes away to college – or maybe if you relocated with the military.
- Katrina & the Waves – "Walking on Sunshine". This exciting, perfect-for-aerobics girlfriend movie song has found it's way into at least three movies: "The Secret of My Success", "American Psycho", and High Fidelity". The song title is an excellent description of how it feels to connect with your significant other on a deep level.
- Berlin – "Take My Breath Away". The military romance that was at the center of the Tom Cruise hit, "Top Gun", is such a sensual, hormone-arousing song. Play this one in the background of your apartment while entertaining your girlfriend, and you may soon be entertaining each other.
Roxette - "It Must Have Been Love". Not every great girlfriend movie song has a happy ending. The turbulent sadness portrayed in this song about the ending of love made for a really touching moment in the romantic comedy "Pretty Woman".
- OMD - "If You Leave". That prom scene with Molly Ringwald, Jon Cryer, and Andrew McCarthy in "Pretty in Pink" raised it's emotional stakes by adding this tender, sensitive girlfriend song to the movie. No one wants to lose who they love.
- Aerosmith – "Don't Wanna Miss A Thing". Even an action-packed movie full of disaster, like "Armageddon" had room for a girlfriend song. Lead singer Steve Tyler longs to be close to his girlfriend, and the apparent passion oozes out of this song.
- Bryan Adams – "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You". Another Kevin Costner movie, this time "Robin Hood:Prince of Thieves", has a very touching song that sings the praises of a commitment to love. Robin Hood wasn't all bows and arrows – he needed love too.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …