What the 10 best gospel singers all have in common is that they are recipients of Grammy awards or Gospel Music Association Dove awards or both. The Dove awards are the highest prestigious accolade given to Christian artists for their music, their performances and their top selling songs and records in the gospel genre. These gospel singers are le crème de le crème.
- Amy Grant. Dubbed as the “Queen of Christian music” Amy was the first gospel singer to go platinum. She’s also the first Christian artist to have a hit single “Love Will Find A Way” cross over to the top 100 Billboard charts. Winner of 6 Grammies and 26 Dove awards places her on the top of the best ten gospel singers of all time. She has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Michael W. Smith. Once a former band member of Amy Grant, Michael branched out on his own and became a formidable force in gospel music. Winner of 3 Grammies and 40 Dove Awards. His hit gospel single, “Friends” was honored by Contemporary Christian Music magazine as the #1 Christian song of all time.
- Sandi Patti. Soprano vocals that can bring down the rafters this sensational Inspirational singer was dubbed as “The Voice.” She won 5 Grammies and 32 Dove Awards. Her music catapults her in the best ten gospel singers list.
- Steven Curtis Chapman. The most honored of all in gospel music artists winning 53 Dove awards. He’s also the recipient of 5 Grammy awards. Steven is by far the most prolific male vocalist in gospel music today.
- Twila Paris. She’s a singer and songwriter and has garnered 33 #1 Christian singles on the radio. Twila won the Dove awards 10 times and Female Vocalist of the year three consecutive years earning her a spot as one of the 10 best gospel singers.
- CeCe Winan. Though known as a duo with her brother BeBe, this female gospel singer has carved her way into gospel history. Winner of 8 Grammy awards and 21 Dove awards this amazing gospel artist has been on the cover of magazines, made tv appearances on talk shows and has several sponsors.
- Steve Green. Celebrating twenty-five years in gospel music and he’s still cutting records. He’s won the Dove awards 8 times and his gospel ministries and music places him as a best top ten gospel singer.
- Evie Tornquist. She pioneered gospel music into radio popularity. She’s won 3 Dove awards and was one of the first inductees in the Gospel Music Hall of Fame.
- Michael English. One of the most versatile gospel singers as he sings gospel, southern gospel, inspirational as well as worship and praise music. Winner of 14 Dove awards including Artist of the Year.
- Rich Mullins. His most memorable hit song, “Our God is an Awesome God” placed him in the ranks of gospel music greats. Winner of 3 Dove awards keeps his legacy strong as one of the best ten gospel music singers ever.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …