For a look "into the scandalous lives of Manhattan’s elite," here is a list of the ten best "Gossip Girl" quotes. "Gossip Girl" is an American television series based on the young adult novels by Cecily von Ziegesar. The series premiered on The CW network during the fall of 2007 and has since then been renewed for a fourth season in 2010.
Narrated by an unknown blogger voiced by Kristen Bell, "Gossip Girl" revolves around the lives of wealthy young adults attending an elite private school in New York. In addition to Bell as the narrator, the series features Blake Lively as Serena van der Woodsen and Leighton Meester as Blair Waldorf. For ten of the best "Gossip Girl" quotations, read on.
Ten Best "Gossip Girl" Quotes
- "Whoever said that money doesn’t buy happiness didn't know where to shop." Leighton Meester said this as Blair Waldorf. According to "TVLoop," it is the most memorable line from "Gossip Girl"—and one of the many reasons fans love the Blair character.
- "As much as a BFF can make you go WTF, there’s no denying we’d be a little less rich without them." This line from Kristen Bell during the show’s opening season is probably the most famous quote among "Gossip Girl" fans.
- "Well I'm sorry I'm not who you thought I was, but what's happened is in the past, and all I can do is try to change. If you can't accept that, then you're not who I thought you were." As they say, the past belongs to the past. Blake Lively said these famous lines as Serena van der Woodsen.
- "Haven't you heard? I'm the crazy bitch around here." Here is another quote from Meester as Blair, the private school’s undisputed queen bee. With remarks like this, who can doubt it?
- "All guys are jerks. But they get hotter with age, and we learn to be more tolerant." Such is the wisdom of a teenager girl. Bell made this remark as the not-yet-revealed "Gossip Girl" blogger and series narrator.
- "The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else." Here you have another bit of teenage wisdom from Kristen Bell in her "Gossip Girl" narration.
- "You don’t know a good thing until it’s gone. And found something else." As the show’s narrator, Bell provides fans with many memorable quotations.
- "Usually I have a ‘never say never’ policy, but for you I'll make an exception." This is another Blair Waldorf quote from Leighton Meester.
- "When the truth fails you, you have no choice but to abandon it. Make something up, idiots!" Meester, as the private school’s queen bee, gives her friends the Blair brand of advice.
- "Everyone knows you can’t choose your family, but you can choose your friends." The last of the ten best "Gossip Girl" quotes belongs to Kristen Bell—who, as the unseen blogger, ends each episode famously with, "You know you love me."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”