10 Best Group Guitar Sing Along Songs
If you’re looking for some fun songs to jam out to on the guitar with your friends, the list of 10 best group guitar sing along songs will probably be of some use to you. The truth is that even the most introverted people can come out of their shells when they’re having fun with the best group guitar sing along songs. So, strap your guitar up and learn these great songs because your friends won’t stop begging you to keep playing more!
- “Hey Jude” by the Beatles is simply one of those songs that almost everyone knows the words to. This is especially true because the last portion of the song consists mostly of improvised na-na-na’s which isn’t too terribly hard to sing along to. Along with this song, almost any other Beatles songs make for some of the best group guitar sing along songs because of their catchy tunes and beats.
- Peter, Paul and Mary’s “Kumbaya” is an oldie but a goody when it comes to group guitar sing along songs. You’ve seen people in movies sitting around campfires and singing this timeless classic, but that’s because it’s so fun that drama simply has no place anywhere near it.
- There’s something magical about “American Pie” by Don McLean that makes everyone want to just sing along when they hear it playing. It surely wasn’t written in the era of Justin Bieber or Miley Cyrus, but it’s just one of those songs that will certainly never get old.
- Everyone will love when you begin playing “Oasis” by Wonderwall because it was overplayed by a long shot on the radio. There’s no doubt that it’s a great song, and you can almost never fail when playing Oasis.
- You’ll be blasting your friends to the 90’s when you start playing “Good Riddance” by Green Day, but they’ll appreciate it. “Good Riddance” is definitely a bittersweet song, and almost anyone can relate to it. Caution: the chicks might go wild if you really play this one.
- No matter what, everyone loves a good Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers tune, especially “Free Fallin.’” You can get away with playing almost anything by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers for your group, but this chart topping hit from the late 80’s will have your friends singing along and possibly dancing in no time.
- When you think about those great southern hits, “Sweet Home Alabama” by Lynyrd Skynyrd might come to mind. If you can nail those tantalizing opening riffs for that catchy intro, you might have yourself one of the greatest group guitar sing along songs to play.
- A newer song that you can play for your guests is “Drive” by Incubus. “Drive” was Incubus’s first hit song that was a bit overplayed but still highly respected and requested. Once you begin to play it, your guests will instantly recognize it and want to sing along.
- “The Joker” by the Steve Miller Band is one of those feel good songs that could never really get old. This is a good song for summer singing or even around the campfire with your loved ones. Of course, it’s got some questionable themes, but who cares? It’s a timeless classic!
- You might still hear random people humming or singing the tune of “Closing Time” by Semisonic. That’s because it was one of those group guitar sing along songs that basically defined the 90’s and anything that had to do with it. To really take your friends and family back to the good days, start playing this song, and watch everyone really get into it.