There is nothing better than sitting around a campfire when someone whips out a raggedy old guitar and starts an impromptu sing along of these 10 best guitar sing along songs. The ten best guitar sing along songs create a great atmosphere at any campsite, party or drunken night at college. Here are the best sing along guitar songs.
- "500 Miles" Proclaimers. Everybody recognizes the first strum of this classic Scottish ditty. This one is great for people who think they can do Scottish accents, and it reminds us of a simpler time when pop stars could wear thick brown rimmed glasses without being ridiculed.
- "Yesterday" Beatles. Not exactly one to get the party started but nevertheless, it is a familiar classic. The Beatles wrote many songs that are among the best guitar sing along songs but this is the one with the easiest lyrics.
- "Dust In The Wind," Kansas. This will really kill the mood at a pumping party, but it has its place around the campfire. The initial section requires a good voice, but the chorus is memorable and makes it one of the best guitar sing along songs.
- "Cats In The Cradle And The Silver Spoon," Harry Chapin. OK, so clearly most guitar sing along songs are somber affairs, and this seventies classic is no exception. Find a good singer and get those lighters ready for the chorus.
- "Margaritaville," Jimmy Buffett. Finally, a more upbeat song from the laid back Mr Buffett. This one is great for guitar sing alongs at the beach. Make sure to bring plenty of tequila and lemons for the after song booze up.
- "Mrs Robinson" Simon and Garfunkel. This one has a great intro for your talented guitarist, and it is one of the best known guitar sing along songs. Try to get into the mood by wearing big curly hair wigs and colorful waistcoats.
- "Sweet Home Alabama" Lynryd Skynyrd. This is one of the best guitar sing along songs ever but be careful when singing it because people may mistake your group for the constantly changing line up of musicians in Lynryd Skynyrd. People in the south are likely to end up with a huge sing along crowd by the time they reach the conclusion of this one.
- "Puff The Magic Dragon," Peter, Paul and Mary. This may not be everyone's cup of tea, but there is no denying it is one of the most beloved guitar sing along songs ever. It is great for sing alongs with kids and people who are high.
- "Annie's Song," John Denver. The greatest guitar sing along creator was the late great John Denver. This brilliant number is good for sessions on a mountain side in spring time but may not go over as well at a frat boy party.
- "I Walk The Line" Johnny Cash. This one is an evergreen sing along classic with plenty of gas left in the tank. It is one of the few sing alongs that will not offend or bore anyone, and it is great for every occasion.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…