Your gym routine is extremely important, almost as important as the 10 best gym workout songs. Without good music to keep you pumped up and ready to go, then your body may tire easier and weaken quicker. With heart racing melodies, your workout can continue for an extended time and your motivation will remain in tact. Without songs to boost you up and give you a pep talk, then you may find yourself giving up on your exercises before you reach your full potential. So, plug in your music player and get pumped.
- “Pump it Up” (Technotronic) – This 1989 techno song is the perfect song for beginning stretches at the gym. It will get your heart pumping slowly than accelerate your juices for some hard core workouts. The song is a good lead up for hard rock music that will fire your weight lifting and running workouts better.
- “Jam” (Michael Jackson) – For people who don’t like hard core rock or hip hop, this pumping song from the King of Pop should do the trick. Jam to the lyrics and get your juices flowing with intensity in order to complete your reps and add a few extra sets.
- “Eye of the Tiger” (Survivor) – This song speaks for itself. Channel Rocky and take out your rivals with the eye of the tiger. Run the stairs of pain and stand at the victorious top of accomplishment with toned arms raised in triumph.
- “Lose Yourself” (Eminem) – The hip-hop singer Eminem wrote a song about seizing the opportunity and losing yourself in the moment in order to get what you want. So why not listen? Go full out in your workout, lose yourself in the adrenaline and get the body you want to have.
- “The Final Countdown” (Europe) – This is one of those older songs that will keep you going with its lyrics, but if you think of the band members, then you may run out of steam. So, you can put this song at the end of your playlist to inspire you to get your last bit of routine in before day’s end.
- “Pump It” (Black eyed Peas) – The title says it all; pump it. Pump iron like there is no tomorrow. This song automatically fires the blood and gets your body ready to go. Let the pumping beat invigorate your muscles to keep going and when all else fails, think of Fergie.
- “Welcome to the Jungle” (Guns N’ Roses) – Who cares if the song is from 1987? Guns N’ Roses are rock icons who will keep anyone’s blood pumping. The lyrics to the song, if you can focus enough to listen to them, are all about getting in the jungle and bleeding for what you want. Isn’t that what we all do when we go to the gym?
- “Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)” (C+C Music Factory) – Released in 1990, this hip-hop dance song has lost none of its influence over the years. When people hear the command “everybody dance now,” you can’t help but keep your body moving; even if it’s on an elliptical.
- “Seven Nation Army” (White Stripes) – This consistent garage rock song has a constant bass that will keep your heart pumping in the gym. This song is also a great pick for running or ending a rigorous workout on the weights.
- “American Idiot” (Green Day) – This gym workout song with lyrics screaming not to be complacent are like half-time locker room chat. You will feel pumped and ready to go when you feel like giving up. You don’t want to be an American idiot, you want to be the best you can be.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.