The 10 best gyms in NYC all offer many services for members. Each of these NYC gyms is rated highly among consumers and offers a range of workout options. If you live in New York City and are looking for a great gym, try one of these places.
- Equinox. This top 10 gym in NYC has a lot to offer. It is spotless and offers a pleasant atmosphere. The gym offers many services, including a full line of exercise and workout equipment, yoga, personal training, group activities and spa services. Equinox: 203 E. 86th St., New York City 10028; (212) 360-1888.
- Warrior Fitness Boot Camp. This great gym offers Marine Corps style training. It offers group activities complete with an obstacle course, calisthenics and weight lifting. Warrior Fitness Boot Camp: 29 W. 35th St., New York City 10001; (212) 967-7977.
- David Barton Gym. This is one of the best gyms in NYC. It offers many services, including personal training, group training and yoga. David Barton Gym: 215 W. 23rd St., New York City 10011; (212) 414-2022.
- Edge Gyms New York. This clean, quiet gym is rated one of the best in all of New York City. It offers many services, including yoga. The gym has over 10,000 square feet of space where fitness-minded people can work out by lifting weights, doing pilates and much more. Edge Gyms New York: 403 E. 91st St., New York City 10128; (212) 722-0076.
- Kingsway Gym. One of NYC's best gyms is Kingsway. Guests here find it a comfortable, clean place to be. It is unique in the fact that it specializes in boxing and kickboxing. The gym also offers a full line of exercise equipment and group and private training. Kingsway Gym: 1 W. 28th St., New York City 10001; (212) 679-3427.
- Elissa's Personal Best Gym. Customers who work out here claim it is the greatest gym around. Elissa's works customers out and is extremely in tune with their needs. It is small, yet clean and modern and offers reasonable prices. Elissa's Personal Best Gym: 334 E. 79th St., New York City 10075; (212) 744-2378.
- Manhattan Plaza Health Club. New York City offers many gyms, but this one is rated as one of the best. The employees are courteous and helpful, they have an amazing pool and many people enjoy climbing their huge rock climbing wall. Manhattan Plaza Health Club: 482 W. 43rd St., New York City 10036; (212) 563-7001.
- Trinity Boxing Club. Members of this club say that Trinity is like a family. It is a boxing club located in New York City offering a full line of workout equipment. The gym also offers authentic boxing training and has a great staff. Trinity Boxing Club: 110 Greenwich St., New York City 10006, (212) 374-9393.
- Steel Gym. A clean and friendly gym is just the start of the positive things this NYC gym has to offer. It has great quality equipment and offers reasonable prices. Steel Gym: 146 W. 23rd St., New York 10011, (212) 352-9876.
- Peninsula Fitness Gym. The last of the best gyms in New York is the Peninsula. It offers an ultimate urban workout, a luxurious pool and an amazing fitness center. Peninsula Fitness Gym: 700 Fifth Ave., New York 10019; (212) 956-2888.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Lando’s Penalty Kick Ritual: A Tribute
He plays his last match for the USA tonight. This video is a testament to his impact.