Below is a list of the 10 best hair band power ballads. Many of these songs are still popular today because power ballads can put into words the different things we feel when we're in love and falling out of love.
- "Every Rose Has it's Thorn" was Poison's first,and only number one song in the US. It stayed at the top of the charts for three weeks. Not all of the band members were pleased with the song—some felt that recording a power ballad was selling out and the band mates were never the same after recording the song.
- "I Remember You" may have been the number one prom song in 1990, according to the lead singer of Skid Row, Sebastian Bach. This was Skid Row's final single from their debut album.
- "When the Children Cry" is a very moving song by White Lion. The song reached the number three spot on the US charts and was featured on their "Pride" album.
- "Heaven" is another song that many consider to a hair band ballad when the band, Warrant, tends to fall under the category of hard rock or glam rock.
- "Nobody's Fool" by Cinderella was their second most popular song with "Don't Know What You Got" being their highest rated song on the US charts.
- "Carrie" was a popular power ballad by Europe in 1987 which was released on "The Final Countdown" album and reached number three on the Billboard Hot 100.
- "Love Bites" by Def Leppard was released in 1987 on their "Hysteria" album. There has been some controversy that the song contained a verse at the end about Jesus and Hell but the band has denied these allegations.
- "Alone Again" seems to be considered a hair band power ballad by most people even though Dokken, the group who released the song in 1984, is normally thought of as a heavy metal group.
- "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake was originally featured on their 1982 "Saints and Sinners" album but was re-recorded for their "Whitesnake" album that was released in 1987.
- "Love of a Lifetime" by Firehouse reached the number three spot on the US charts and was one of the most popular power ballads performed during weddings in the '90s.
Hopefully this list of the 10 best hair band power ballads has you reminiscing about old loves and all the great times you had. Just remember, as long as there's Internet radio, karaoke bars and cassette players these memories are never far away.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.