Looking for a list of the 10 best hair bands? Well, you've come to the right place. Check out this great list of the best hair bands and learn which '80s rockers are most responsible for the hole in ozone layer. Grab your can of Aqua Net and let's rock!
- Poison: Back before Brett Michaels hit his string of bad luck and became daily news and fantasy fodder for the 30 to 40-something crowd, he was lead singer of the best of the best hair bands. If you grew up in the '80s, chances are you're real familiar with Poison. They put out some rocking hits like "Cherry Pie" and "Your Mama Don't Dance."
- Guns n' Roses: Rocking the world with "Sweet Child O' Mine, Guns n' Roses exploded onto the scene in 1987. Rock music hasn't been the same since. One of the grittier of the '80s hair bands, these guys were loud and obnoxious enough that rocker fans could ignore the guy liner and focus on the great tunes.
- Mötley Crüe: One of the best-known and most influential hair bands of the '80s, Mötley Crüe gave us shock rock at its finest; drug addictions, groupies, run-ins with the law, hotel room trashing, even near-death experiences. Mötley Crüe had it all. They also had some great hits like "Home Sweet Home" and "Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)."
- Vixen: We had to include this group of girls in our list of the best hair bands of the '80s, not only for their mile-high hairdos, but also for their great rocking tunes. Often described as "a female Bon Jovi," this all-female band brought us the rocking hit "Edge of a Broken Heart." We're also pretty sure that they owned stock in Maximum Hold Aqua Net.
- Van Halen: Back before people began jokingly calling them Van Hagar, Van Halen was known as one of the most influential rockers and best hair bands of the late '70s and early '80s. The combination of guitarist Eddie Van Halen's power riffs and the amazing showmanship of frontman David Lee Roth helped to launch them to the top of the charts with hits like "Jump."
- Bon Jovi: Who'd have thought this hair band rocker would have this kind of staying power? Jon Bon Jovi and his (hair) band exploded onto the scene in the 1980s and brought us great rocking tunes like "Bad Medicine" and "Blaze of Glory." And he's still out there, rocking out some great music for the masses.
- Def Leppard: Def Leppard is another band that has overcome some great obstacles to become one of the best hair bands (and best rockers) of all time. Emerging near the end of the '70s, they made it big during the following decade with "Pyromania" and "Hysteria." And they did it with a one-armed drummer. Beat that!
- Quiet Riot: "Bang your head!" Everyone knew the name of this hair band, even if the members all sort of blurred into an indistinguishable mass of solid rock goodness. Emerging in the '80s, this is one of the best hair bands to rock the decade (and to do it without a bunch of pretty faces). "Metal Health" was a staple in any rock groupie's diet.
- Aerosmith: Long before he was considering judging wannabe popstars on "American Idol," Steven Tyler was the front band for Boston-based rock band Aerosmith. By far, considered one of the best hair bands of the '80s and one of the best rock bands of all time, you've been hiding under a rock if you don't know songs like "Love in an Elevator" or "Dude Looks Like a Lady."
- Twisted Sister: And we round out our list of the top hair bands with one of the scariest-looking hair bands of all time. Twisted Sister. Mixing the flamboyancy of glam rock with great metal sounds, they gave us rock anthems "We're Not Gonna Take It" and "I Wanna Rock."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …