Ask readers what they think the 10 best hangover songs are and you'll realize that folks of all ages and music preferences take comfort in music during their times of post-inebriated ailing! Drinking and music go hand in hand, and while there’s no such thing as too much music, there is indeed such a thing as too much booze!
1. "Copper Kettle" – Joan Baez. “My Daddy made me whiskey, my Grand daddy did too…we ain’t paid no whiskey tax since 1782” makes it plain to see that even older folks enjoy a party and also that our forefathers endured the after affects of a few too many shots. Decades after it’s debut, this old folk tune is still one of the best hangover songs in history.
2. "Titties and Beer" – Rodney Carrington. Another oldie but goodie! “Wieners and wine, aren’t they fine? If you like little wieners and wine you can have some of mine” Clearly a favorite of guys who have awoken still drunk in the pre-hangover state. This is probably the best hangover song to listen to before you sober up.
3. "Sunday Morning Coming Down" – Johnny Cash. The man in black knew that love was a burning flame, but apparently he learned the hard way that so was the after effect of too many beers, or did he? “Well, I woke up Sunday morning with no way to hold my head that didn't hurt. And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad so I had one more for dessert.” Leave it to Johnny to exercise the old “hair of the dog” technique. Which brings us to number the fourth best hangover song.
4. "Hair of The Dog" – Nazareth (also covered by Guns 'N Roses). “Heart-breaker, soul-shaker I've been told about you.” Many have wondered if they were singing about a woman or a bottle of booze. The title suggests the later. According to our readers, and a couple of hard rock bands, early morning drinking is not such a bad thing as long as you overindulged the night before.
5. "Me and My Wine" – Def Leppard. Ah, the 80s metal bands sure knew a lot about drinking and partying and an equal amount as much about hangovers. It seems a lot of you can identify with lyrics like “Lying half dead on the floor, I don't remember anything. What happened the night before?” We’d like to thank our British beer swiggers for giving us our fifth best hangover songs of all time.
6. "Good Morning Da" – The Tossers. Who besides the metal heads know better about boozing and hangovers than the punk rockers? “Well, I'd only 15 pints but I could not see, when them damn skites got a hold of me. Well, I could say it was the whiskey, oh, but that it may not be.” This is definitely one of the best hangover songs to remind you that 15 pints may be a wee bit too many.
7. "Rude Awakenings" – Dropkick Murphy. everyone has had a morning like this: “With equal surprise she opened her eyes, sat up and shouted 'for Christ’s sakes who the hell are you?'" Not much more to say than this is one of the best hangover songs about one of the worst hangover situations.
8. "What Happened" – Sublime. “There’s no recollection of the evil things I’ve done. My head feels like I musta’ had some fun.” Sound familiar? Yep, that’s why Sublime’s “What Happened” is the eighth best hangover song of all time.
9. "My Own Worst Enemy" – Lit. Any song that starts (and ends) with, “Can we forget about the things I said when I was drunk? I didn't mean to call you that. I can't remember what was said or what you threw at me. Please tell me,” is incapable of eluding a best hangover songs list! Not surprisingly it’s ranked very high.
10. "Margaritaville" – Jimmy Buffet. This is our best hangover song ever because anyone who’s ever had a hangover can identify with the great Jimmy Buffet when he sings, “but I know it's my own damn fault.”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …