Sometimes, the best way to get over that ex is to listen to some happy music, so here are the 10 best happy break up songs. Happy break up songs can help you get out of that funk and remind you why you're better off without that ex anyway.
- "I Pray For You" by Jaron and the Long Road to Love. "I Pray For You" is very much a "good riddance" kind of song. It starts off sounding like it;s about forgiving those hat have wronged you. Turns out, it's about wishing that everything that could go wrong for someone does. Blown tires, stalling engine and rogue flower pots are just some of the things that the singer is wishing on who wronged him.
- "Gives You Hell" by All American Rejects. "Gives You Hell" is a very upbeat break up song. The singer is addressing that ex and getting his revenge through a song. He's happy with his life after the relationship.
- "Smile" by Lily Allen. Yes, "Smile" is sung by a woman, but it works for a guy's break up song too. It's about being off without that jerk you were with. After getting over the initial hurt and confusion after the relationship, seeing that ex cry does nothing but make you smile.
- "I Want to Hear You Sad" by Early November. "I Want to Hear You Sad" is another upbeat breakup song. It's realizing that your life is better without that person. The song compares the relationship to a car wreck in the making. In the chorus, it states, "For all of this, I'm better off without you. Do you regret all your loneliness?"
- "Over You" by Daughtry. "Over You" starts off with the singer thinking about how he landed himself in that relationship. Then it moves into him thanking his lucky stars that he got out and wondering why he didn't end it sooner. From the sound of the lyrics, that ex was heartless.
- "Go Your Own Way" by Fleetwood Mac. "Go Your Own Way" is an undeniably old song. But it works for a breakup song. It's telling that ex that you don't are what they do, as long as they go their own way, and leave you alone.
- "These Boots Are Made for Walking" by Nancy Sinatra. "These Boots Are Made For Walking" is another song that's sung by a woman, but in a pinch, it works for guys too. After your ex has wronged you, it's a perfect song for telling them to get lost. You don't need the trouble from them anymore.
- "Ridin' Solo" by Jason Derulo. "Ridin' Solo" is about a guy who's going out for the first time after his breakup. And he couldn't be more thrilled to be riding solo. He can do what he wants, dance with who he wants and there's no chick there to tell him otherwise.
- "But It's Better If You Do" by Panic! at the Disco. "But It's Better If You Do" is a very in you face kind of breakup song. The singer is telling his ex that he's going to go out to a cabaret. And after that, maybe even go get a lap dance.
- "Echo" by Gorilla Zoe. "Echo" is a very popular breakup song. It's about telling that ex not to come crying to you, they did this to themselves. They're not to call you, you have better things to do.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.