The 10 best hard rock bands feature eclectic guitars and pounding drum beats. While there have been many great hard rock bands in history, there are not as many in today’s musical world. However, there are still bands out there that rock and these are some of the best going today.
- Saliva – Saliva got their start in Memphis, Tennessee in 1996. The group has gone on to become one of the best hard rock bands. Their second album, “Every Six Seconds” reached Double Platinum and their third, “Back Into Your System” reached Gold. Their fifth single, “Always,” reached No. 1 on the Billboard Alternative charts.
- Buck Cherry – Buck Cherry began making music in 1995 in Los Angeles, California. The band released two albums, their first becoming Gold and reaching No. 1 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart. The band split up but reformed in 2005, releasing “15” and earning their first Billboard Top 100 song with “Crazy Bitch.” Their fifth release from that album, “Sorry,” reached No. 9 on the charts.
- Stone Sour – Stone Sour is one of the best hard rock bands playing today, formed by Slipnot singer Corey Talyor and guitarist Jim Root. They actually started Stone Sour before joining Slipnot and reformed the band after Slipnot grew in popularity as a side project. The band had two songs hit No. 1 in the Billboard Mainstream charts, “Through Glass” and “Say You’ll Haunt Me.”
- Papa Roach – Papa Roach formed in 1993 in Northern California and released their first full-length album in 1997, becoming one of the best hard rock bands. There second album, “Infest,” reached No. 5 on the U.S. charts and their third, “Loveharetragedy” reached No. 2.
- Linkin Park – Linkin Park is one of the most mainstream popular of the best hard rock bands. The group rose in popularity among bands like Korn and Limp Bizkit and their second album, “Hybrid Theory,” hit No. 2 on the Billboard charts. Their song “New Divide” features in the second “Transformers” movie and hit No. 1 on the Alternative charts.
- Shinedown – Shinedown got their start in Jacksonville, Florida and released their debut album in 2003. Their first album reached Platinum and, with their third album, reached the Billboard Top 10 with the single “Second Chance,” securing them a spot as one of the best hard rock bands playing today.
- Avenged Sevenfold – Avenged Sevenfold began playing together in high school in Huntington Beach, California in 1999. Their third release, “City of Evil,” hit No. 30 on the Billboard charts featuring four singles. Their 2010 release, “Nightmare,” hit No. 1 on the charts, making them one of the best hard rock bands.
- Nickelback – Nickelback started off their musical career in Canada and finally hit it big with the single “How You Remind Me” in 2001, earning four Grammy nominations. The bands four albums from 2001 to 2008 all reached No. 1 on the Canadian charts with “All the Right Reasons” hitting No. 1 in America, making them one of the best hard rock bands.
- Five Finger Death Punch – Formed in 2005, Five Finger Death Punch formed out of the ashes of metal band W.A.S.P. and U.P.O. Their second album “War is the Answer” hit No. 7 on the Billboard charts with their cover of “Bad Company” hitting No. 2, helping them rise into one of the best hard rock bands playing.
- Seether – Seether hails from South Africa, one of the best hard rock bands to come from that country. The band released their first album, “Fragile,” in 1999 and gained worldwide notice. Both the “Karma and Effect” and “Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces” albums made the Billboard Top 10.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?