Nothing says tough, independent, American and reliable like owning a Harley and we've done the research for you to learn about the 10 best Harley Davidson motorcycles you could add to your garage. There's nothing like the rumble of a Harley. Once you've ridden one you won't want to settle for something less. The challenge is choosing the right bike and making the commitment.
- Ultra Classic Electra Glide Nothing is better than the classic tour bike from Harley Davidson. This bike was made to hit the open road. Take I-80 to Iowa, then cut north and head through the Dakotas, Wyoming and Idaho to Washington State. Head south through California and take a left when you hit Interstate ten. After Arizona and Texas, stop off in Atlanta before heading home.
- The Forty-Eight This is the coolest of the Sportster series with its low mounted rearview mirrors. Its solo seat shows off the tail and frames the engineering for a stylish slouch forward as you ride. If James Dean were hitting his prime today, this would be the perfect American iconic bike for him. Just be aware when you meet a girl after you ask, "Your place or mine?" you'll have to meet her there. This bike is purely individual.
- CVO Fat Bob This bike is awesome with its brown leather saddle seat and hellfire flames. This bike comes with added amenities like a convertable seat for the girl you met riding the 48. Nevermind the twin cam screamin' eagle engine and heavy breather intake.
- XL883L Police Bike If you thought Harley got out of security after the Hell's Angels got in trouble providing "security" at the Stone's concert back in '68, you probably haven't seen a parade or been pulled over on the highway recently. While BMW is a current leader, Harley is in the game. Their XL883L bike will both out do the parade motorcycle stereotype and make any motorcyclist jealous of its tight, tough look.
- Heritage Softail Classic Like the Ultra Classic, the Heritage Softail Classic speaks in the vernacular in which Harley Davidson was born. Every part of the bike, from the classic studded leather saddlebags and seat to the king-sized windshield and full coverage front fender, speaks the language of the best Harley Davidson motorcycles. All you need are leather chaps and a do-rag.
- V-Rod Muscle If you are looking for everything that modern computer-aided design can offer, along with a liquid-cooled V-twin engine and the added rigidity of upside down front forks, the V-Rod muscle is the best Harley Davidson motorcycle for you.
- Sportster XR1200 When it's time to peel a little rubber on the strip, the Sportster XR1200 is the American-made bike that can lay it down. Based on the classic XR 750, this racing bike updates another of the best Harley Davidson classics. In the category of "don't try this at home," the classic XR750 was the bike used by Evel Knievel.
- Sporster 883 Low This bike is one of the most often seen Harley Davidson street bikes on the market today. With its low mounted suspension you can just lean over the classic peanut gas tank and open the throttle.
- CVO Softail Convertible Get the best of all worlds with this bike that has everything you need for the long haul and that can easily strip down to the stylish look of a Softail. The best Harley Davidson motorcycle might be all Harley's in one.
- Classic Trike A list of the best Harley Davidson motorcycles would not be complete without a nod to the trike. We all started out on a trike and there's no shame in getting on one now. Ride on.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
25 Enlightening Quotes About Being a Gentleman
What’s your definition of a perfect gent? LL Cool J, Lea Michele, Andy Samberg and friends weigh in.