The 10 best Harry Potter Movie Quotes are full of magic. The films are best on the best-selling books by J. K. Rowling. The first movie was released in 2001 and the final movie is set to be released in 2011.
- “It is not our abilities that show what we truly are. It is our choices.” Albus Dumbledore (Richard Harris).This quote is from “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone”. This is a constant theme throughout the series.
- “There is no good and evil. There is only power, and those too weak to seek it.” Lord Voldemort (Richard Bremmer).This was said towards the end of “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone”. Throughout the series Voldemort tries to influence Potter into joining him in his dark quest. This lines sets up that pattern, which is a very integral part of the story.
- “He was their friend, and he betrayed them. He was their friend! I hope he finds me! 'Cause when he does, I’m gonna be ready. When he does, I’m gonna kill him!” Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe). This quote is during “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban”, when Potter finds out Sirius Black (Gary Oldman) knew his parents. At this time Potter thinks that Black was the reason his parents were killed but he later finds out that Black was framed by his friend Wormtail (Timothy Spall).
- “I want to bury him. Properly, without magic.” Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe). The first half of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows” is full of sad moments but none more touching than when Dobby the House Elf give his life to save his friends from Bellatrix Lestrange (Helena Bonham Carter).
- “Why spiders? Why couldn’t it be follow the butterflies?” Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint). This quote is from “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets”. Weasley’s fear of spiders is a continuous joke throughout the movies.
- “Please, tell them I mean no harm.” Dolores Umbridge (Imelda Staunton). “Sorry, Professor, but I must not tell lies.” Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe). In "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" Potter and Umbridge are surrounded by angry centaurs. They mean Potter no harm but they are mad at Umbridge. Umbridge punished Harry earlier in the movie for telling the truth about Lord Voldmort (Richard Bremmer) by making him write with a pen that would carve “I must not tell lies.” into his hand.
- “Snape! He Trusted you!” Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe). Nothing was a bigger shock in “Harry potter and the Half Blood Prince” than the death of Albus Dumbledore (Michael Gambon). After Dumbledore is killed by Severus Snape (Alan Rickman), Potter runs after him screaming this quote.
- “Draco, please let me help you.” Albus Dumbledore (Michael Gambon). “I don’t need your help! I have to do this! I have to kill you… or he’s gonna kill me!” Draco Malfoy (Tom Felton). Malfoy is labeled one of the bad guys from the very first movie. One of the things viewers forget is that Malfoy is just a child in all of this. He was ordered to kill Dumbledore but he shows his age when he breaks down and cried this quote.
- “Hey.” Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint). “You…complete arse, Ronald Weasley! You show up here after weeks, and you say ‘hey’?” Hermione Granger (Emma Watson). In the first half of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows” Weasley is overcome with despair and ends up leaving his friends. The romance between Weasley and Granger is becoming more apparent so she takes his leaving very hard.
- “What are those?” Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint). “My dress robes…” Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe). “Well, those’re all right! No lace, no dodgy little collar…”. Weasley “Well, I expect yours are more traditional…”. Potter “Traditional? They’re ancient! I look like my great aunt Tessie!” Weasley. Weasley takes a s sniff in the underarm area. “I smell like my great Aunt Tessie!” Weasley. This quote is from “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire”. There is a ball at Hogwarts in this movie and this quote, while also very funny, shows the class difference between Weasley and other wizards.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …