The 10 best herbal aphrodisiacs can help get you in the mood, enhance your libido and even give you extra stamina in the sack. Herbal aphrodisiacs come from around the world. To be considered an herbal aphrodisiac though and herb does not have to turn a person on, it can also just be used to make the experience last longer or be more intense. Many of the herbs listed below can be combined for an all around effect on the libido.
- Yohimbe is recognized by the medical industry as an aphrodisiac and is one of the strongest herbal aphrodisiacs available. Yohimbe dilates the blood vessels in the body which causes the blood to rise to the surface of the body (including the sexual organs) which helps to stimulate arousal.
- Peruvian ginseng, which is actually Maca (and not even related to the ginseng we normally hear about), is used to increase stamina and endurance. This is why Maca is used for enhancing sexual performance.
- Panax ginseng, which is Chinese ginseng (and the one most commonly recognized) can also be considered an herbal aphrodisiac. Some of the components of this herb are similar to the sex hormones in the human body.
- Ashwangandha is an herb used in Ayurveda. It is also known as withania and it is used to enhance energy and stamina, as many herbal aphrodisiacs are. It's effects somewhat resemble those of over the counter pills that aid in men's inability to perform in bed.
- Schisandra is another energy enhancer that keeps a person from losing their physical energy. It is because of this property that it is now being used as an aphrodisiac.
- Another herb that stimulates circulation and is used in sexual matters is Ginkgo biloba. This herb is often recommended for those with stress related impotence. It's ability to stimulate circulation may also get one more energized and “in the mood.”
- Damiana also treats impotence, as well as loss of libido. This is only a mild aphrodisiac though.
- Kava kava is truly an aphrodisiac in every sense of the word. This herb can be taken to produce a high similar to that of herbal ecstacy. It is a mild high that will put even the most prudish in the mood.
- With a name like “potency wood” who wouldn't want to take it for fun in the bedroom. Muira puama is from a shrub in the Amazon that strengthens libido leading to more sex and more orgasms.\
- Cayenne is not just a pain killer and a herb that can warm you up, it also increases the potency of other herbs. Take cayenne with any of the other herbal aphrodisiacs listed above to help keep blood pressure down and the libido up (pun intended).
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.