The Indian movie industry is a rich mixture of romance, comedy and thrillers, but what intrigues many is what comprises the 10 best hero Indian movies of all time? With the likes of Feroz Khan, Amitabh Bachchan and the immortal Akshay Kumar lording over Indian action movies, the Indian cinematic industry is not without shortage for its share of quality heroes who are always ready to save the day.
- "Mumbai Meri Jaan" (2008) – Heroes are not always the ones associated with an overdose of male testosterone while wielding guns that do not need re-loading. Heroes are also people who have managed to overcome one of the biggest trials in their lives to be able to make a difference in other people’s lives. This is what Mumbai Meri Jaan focuses on, how to deal with the terrifying assault the July 11, 2006 Mumbai train terrorist bombings caused in a group of five people.
- "Aks" (2001) – "Aks" reveals a story about Manu Verma and his never-ending pursuit of super criminal Raghavan. The plot takes a twist least expected when the villain suddenly is capable of manipulating the hero to do nefarious acts of treachery. This film is a perfect example of how a hero must also be ready to save the world from himself.
- "Hanuman" (2006) – What better of a subject for an Indian hero movie than that of a film about the Hindu diety himself: Hanuman. The movie is a perfect story-telling tool in talking about Hanuman’s early years as a child until how he was able to help Sita with his extraordinary powers.
- "Sholay" (1975) – Perhaps the most successful film of all time in Indian cinema and for good reason. The story revolves around a police officer whose family is massacred by a tyrant whom he had previously arrested. In a phrase, it talks about how he fights fire with fire as he enlists the services of two ex-convicts to aid him in his mission for justice.
- "Sarfarosh" (1999) – A critically acclaimed and successful film, "Sarfarosh" reflects on a crusade by an Indian police officer to put a halt to terrorism plaguing India’s borders. This is another film that deals with a hero’s efforts to right the wrongs done after losing people he loves.
- "Shakti" (1982) – The film "Shakti" portrays to the audience that the hero may not always be the good guy. The film portrays Vijay Kumar, the son of a police officer who refuses to break police rules in the face of endangering his son’s life. Vijay grows up to become an integral part of the circle of those people who had placed his life in danger in an effort to threaten his father.
- "The Warrior" (2001) – One of many period films done in Indian cinema, "The Warrior" follows the story of Lafcadia, a well-known and respected warrior in the feudal Rajasthan. Down the line, Lafcadia grows weary of the bloodshed and the brutality that he simply chooses to give up the sword to lead a normal life. What follows is a series of action-packed sequences as the Lord whom the hero formerly served orders his assassination.
- "The Hero" (2003) – Sunny Deol portrays a successful spy for the Indian government who unfortunately earns the ire of his enemies who plants a bomb that consequently explodes during his engagement party to a fellow spy. What follows is a global spy versus spy contest that would involve Canada, India and Pakistan.
- "Dharam Veer" (1977) – A classic in the Indian film industry, the movie is about a princess who is saved by a hermetic warrior who lives alone in the thickets with his trusty falcon. If that is not a story worthy enough for the wizened movie buff in search of hero Indian movies, what is?
- "Bandit Queen" (1996) – Critically-acclaimed and a true story, "Bandit Queen" is the life story of Phoolan Devi who was sent to prison in 1983 and released in 1994. The film shows how exploitation can push even the fair gender to fight for what is right and their rights as well. One of the best hero Indian movies in history.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.