10 Best High End Luxury Cars
The 10 ten best high end luxury cars are equipped with the optimum comfort accoutrements, safety and technological components. The beginning price range of a high end luxury car starts at $60,000 and goes up to more than $100,000. If your taste in cars leans toward opulence, then read on.
- Aston Martin Rapide. The Rapide has style, power, smooth ride, and plush interior. The Rapide comes equipped with a 6.0 liter V12 engine that goes from 0 to 60 mph in 5.1 seconds at a top speed of 188 mph, and full grain leather upholstery. The Rapide also has six-disc DVD player, wireless headphones, and remote control.
- 2010 Mercedes SLS AMG. The AMG continues the Mercedes tradition of excellence. The AMG comes with a 571 horsepower 6.3 liter V8 engine that goes from 0 to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds, and has a seven-speed dual clutch transmission. Some of the interior AMG highlights are Nappa leather upholstery, heated bucket seats, and a state of the art multimedia system. Finally, the piece de résistance are the gull-wing doors for easy entry/exit.
- 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sport Coupe. The CTS-V is the only American car to make the list. This two-door sculpted work of art is equipped with a 556 horsepower 6.2 liter supercharged V8 engine, and a six-speed automatic transmission. Some of its interior allurements are French-stitched leather upholstery, wood trim, Bose 5.1 surround sound system, and touch screen navigation.
- 2010 Jaguar XJ. The XJ is worthy to wear the Jaguar brand. The XJ is equipped with a direct-injection 385 horsepower 5.0 liter V8 engine that goes from 0 to 60 mph in 5.4 seconds, a six-speed automatic transmission, automatic braking system that activates when the engine is turned off and deactivates when car is shifted into drive, a leather encased instrument panel, and a Bowers and Wilkins surround sound system. Need we go on?
- 2011 BMW 740i. The 740i features the BMW EfficientDynamics engineering philosophy in its scaled down V6 twin-turbo charged 3.0 liter engine that reduces emissions and fuel consumption. The smaller engine in this beauty still generates 315 horsepower while being environment friendly.
- 2011 Audi A8L. The A8L has its own brand of style and finesse highlighted by a 4.2 liter V8 engine that goes from 0 to 60 mph in 4.9 seconds. The A8L is equipped with an eight-speed Tiptronic transmission, and an interior featuring fourteen-way power and heated seats, climate control, and wood and leather upholstery and trim.
- Bentley Continental Flying Spur. The Flying Spur is recognized as the fastest four-door car on the road, and with good reason. It comes equipped with a 552 horsepower 6.0 liter W-12 engine, and six-speed automatic transmission with overdrive. The Flying Spur goes from 0 to 60 mph in just four seconds. Impressive.
- 2011 Maserati Quattroporte. The Quattroporte sedan glides on the roadways powered by a 433 horsepower 4.7 liter V8 engine, and a six-speed automatic transmission. Interior features include leather seat upholstery, a satin wood trim, and Sirius satellite radio.
- Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe. Prices for the Phantom start in the mid $400,000 range and upward. Standard equipment includes a six-speed automatic transmission with overdrive, and a 453 horsepower 6.8 liter 48 valve V12 engine. The Phantom goes from 0 to 60 mph in 5.5 seconds.
- Toyota Lexus LS460. The LS460 under the hood equipment comes with five-speed automatic transmission, V8 engine, and an interior featuring leather upholstery, climate control, and push-button engine start. The LS460 also features automatic parallel parking system.
Not everyone can afford, or wants to own a high end luxury car. However, everyone can appreciate the engineering skill, craftsmanship, and technological innovations that add to their allure.