The 10 ten best high end luxury cars are equipped with the optimum comfort accoutrements, safety and technological components. The beginning price range of a high end luxury car starts at $60,000 and goes up to more than $100,000. If your taste in cars leans toward opulence, then read on.
- Aston Martin Rapide. The Rapide has style, power, smooth ride, and plush interior. The Rapide comes equipped with a 6.0 liter V12 engine that goes from 0 to 60 mph in 5.1 seconds at a top speed of 188 mph, and full grain leather upholstery. The Rapide also has six-disc DVD player, wireless headphones, and remote control.
- 2010 Mercedes SLS AMG. The AMG continues the Mercedes tradition of excellence. The AMG comes with a 571 horsepower 6.3 liter V8 engine that goes from 0 to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds, and has a seven-speed dual clutch transmission. Some of the interior AMG highlights are Nappa leather upholstery, heated bucket seats, and a state of the art multimedia system. Finally, the piece de résistance are the gull-wing doors for easy entry/exit.
- 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sport Coupe. The CTS-V is the only American car to make the list. This two-door sculpted work of art is equipped with a 556 horsepower 6.2 liter supercharged V8 engine, and a six-speed automatic transmission. Some of its interior allurements are French-stitched leather upholstery, wood trim, Bose 5.1 surround sound system, and touch screen navigation.
- 2010 Jaguar XJ. The XJ is worthy to wear the Jaguar brand. The XJ is equipped with a direct-injection 385 horsepower 5.0 liter V8 engine that goes from 0 to 60 mph in 5.4 seconds, a six-speed automatic transmission, automatic braking system that activates when the engine is turned off and deactivates when car is shifted into drive, a leather encased instrument panel, and a Bowers and Wilkins surround sound system. Need we go on?
- 2011 BMW 740i. The 740i features the BMW EfficientDynamics engineering philosophy in its scaled down V6 twin-turbo charged 3.0 liter engine that reduces emissions and fuel consumption. The smaller engine in this beauty still generates 315 horsepower while being environment friendly.
- 2011 Audi A8L. The A8L has its own brand of style and finesse highlighted by a 4.2 liter V8 engine that goes from 0 to 60 mph in 4.9 seconds. The A8L is equipped with an eight-speed Tiptronic transmission, and an interior featuring fourteen-way power and heated seats, climate control, and wood and leather upholstery and trim.
- Bentley Continental Flying Spur. The Flying Spur is recognized as the fastest four-door car on the road, and with good reason. It comes equipped with a 552 horsepower 6.0 liter W-12 engine, and six-speed automatic transmission with overdrive. The Flying Spur goes from 0 to 60 mph in just four seconds. Impressive.
- 2011 Maserati Quattroporte. The Quattroporte sedan glides on the roadways powered by a 433 horsepower 4.7 liter V8 engine, and a six-speed automatic transmission. Interior features include leather seat upholstery, a satin wood trim, and Sirius satellite radio.
- Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe. Prices for the Phantom start in the mid $400,000 range and upward. Standard equipment includes a six-speed automatic transmission with overdrive, and a 453 horsepower 6.8 liter 48 valve V12 engine. The Phantom goes from 0 to 60 mph in 5.5 seconds.
- Toyota Lexus LS460. The LS460 under the hood equipment comes with five-speed automatic transmission, V8 engine, and an interior featuring leather upholstery, climate control, and push-button engine start. The LS460 also features automatic parallel parking system.
Not everyone can afford, or wants to own a high end luxury car. However, everyone can appreciate the engineering skill, craftsmanship, and technological innovations that add to their allure.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Mind-Blowing Necktie Knots
“How many knots are there?” you ask. Dozens, at least, most of which will totally amaze you.
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…