10 Best High Paying Jobs
Check out these 10 best high paying jobs. These jobs can be rewarding careers, not only in terms of salary, but also in terms of personal worth and happiness. If you're looking for a career that will provide you with lucrative pay, then the following jobs are great to consider. All ten make annual average salaries that are in a six-digit range.
- Surgeon. A surgeon tops the list of the ten best high paying jobs because they have an annual salary of $181,850. Along with the great pay, surgeons get an added benefit of helping others that are in need. However, if you're going to work in this field, be prepared for the long haul. Education and training time takes anywhere from ten to fifteen years.
- Chief Executive Officer. A CEO is responsible for the strategic operations of a company. They are the highest ranked official within the company. There are no set rules to become a CEO. However, a bachelors degree is encouraged, as is an MBA. The average salary of this high paying job is $140,880.
- Engineering Manager. An engineering manager has a variety of tasks. The most important of these tasks is to supervise and manage teams of engineers. If you want a job as an engineering manager, your best bet is to earn a bachelors degree. Then, move on to purse a post-graduate degree. The average salary of an engineering manager is $140,210.
- Pediatrician. A pediatrician is a doctor that specializes in working with children. To become a pediatrician, you must earn a bachelors degree. Then, you will have to attend medical school. It's a long process, but it will lead to a very rewarding career in the end. The average salary of a pediatrician is $140,000.
- Pilot. Working as a pilot can be a lucrative career. A pilot's typical salary is $134,090. To become a certified pilot, you will need to meet certain requirements. One, you must be at least eighteen years old. Second, you must have at least 250 hours of flight experience. These requirements are even higher if you want to work as a commercial airline pilot.
- Dentist. The average salary of a dentist is $132,660. However, salaries vary based on specialty. For instance, you can work as a general practitioner, or you can work in orthodontics. It can be a great job, but it will require a lot of determination. This best high paying job will take eight years of education and training.
- Lawyer. This job is great for those that enjoy the legal system. To get the job you must earn a bachelors degree. After earning a bachelors degree, you must attend law school at an ABA-accredited school. You will then need to pass the bar to obtain a license to practice in the state in which you reside. The average salary of a lawyer is $110,590.
- Air Traffic Controller. An air traffic controller is responsible for coordinating movements of private and commercial aircraft. You don't need a degree for this high paying job, but there is a lot of competition for it. The job has strict requirements that you will have to meet if you want a chance to be hired. The average salary is $100,430.
- Computer and Information Systems Manager. Employees for this best high paying job are responsible for the strategy of a company's technology and system plans. Some can earn the job without a degree. However, it's best to earn a bachelors degree in computer science, or computer engineering. The average salary of a computer and information systems manager is $100,110.
- Marketing Manager. A marketing manager oversees all marketing and advertising that is being done. They work to establish different marketing strategies. The average salary of this high paying job is $100,020.