With Bollywood films experiencing a worldwide breakout phenomenon in the past few years, searching for the 10 best Hindi actresses took on a whole new different interest. There would be no denying that Hindi women continue to enthrall the world with their exotic and extraordinary beauty. When Hindi cinema films, or Bollywood film as it is informally termed, began to raise its worldwide popularity to a different level, so did the actresses that starred in them.
- Katrina Kaif – Perhaps considered as one of the most beautiful faces in the Hindi movie industry, Katrina’s beautiful doll-faced features is heaven-sent from an Indian father and an English mother. With seventeen films safely tucked under her belt of film resume, Katrina’s fame only seeks to boom even more as a Hindi actress as Hindi films continue to gain momentum across the world.
- Preity Zinta – It certainly is rare to see a criminal psychology degree holder rise up to be one of the best Hindi actresses of her time but Preity Zinta did. Like most actresses, she started out modeling and not only relies on acting as her livelihood. She is also credited of writing a column for the BBC News Online for South Asia and is a part owner of a cricket team in the Indian Premier League. Talk about variety.
- Kareena Kapoor – Acting in a wide range of film genre, Kareena has appeared in more than 30 Hindi films and boasts of five Filmfare Awards credited to her name. Born into a family of film actors, Kareena has managed to handle media coverage starting at a very young age.
- Aishwarya Rai – A list of the best Hindi actresses won’t be complete without the stunning Aishwarya Rai. A former Miss World titlist, Rai’s list of cinema works are not only limited to the Hindi industry as she has already started to appear in international films as well.
- Rani Mukherjee – Like Kareena Kapoor, Rani Mukherjee was born into a film family and started her Hindi career in 1996. Her 2004 performances for the films “Hum Tum” and “Yuva” earned her two Filmfare awards and the distinction as the first actress to garner two major awards in one year.
- Genelia D’Souza – A twenty year-old who juggles her time between acting, modeling and hosting, Genelia has appeared in Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada and Hindi films and deserves to be part of the list of 10 best Hindi actresses.
- Bipasha Basu – A supermodel turned Hindi actress who benefited with her accidental entry into the show business industry, Bipasha has a film career that started in 2001 and has appeared in more than 40 films and has received a great many acting award nominations. She forms one half of Bollywood’s answer to Brangelina with her boyfriend, John Abraham.
- Priyanka Chopra – Another former Miss World titlist (2000), Priyanka Chopra epitomizes success in the Hindi Film industry. Her plans of pursuing a career of being a software engineer took a backseat when she entered film and has since scooped up several Hindi Film acting awards along the way after her debut in 2002.
- Asin – Immediately winning the Hindi Filmfare Best Female Debut award in her entry to the Hindi film industry, the actress named simply as Asin is the daughter of a businessman father and a retired civil surgeon mother.
- Deepika Padukone – Born in Copenhagen, Denmark and raised in India, Deepika Padukone made her acting debut opposite Aishwarya Rai (see above) in 2006 and her Hindi film acting debut in the highly acclaimed “Om Shanti Om”. She is one of the most “Googled” Hindi actresses in the internet and one of the best Hindi actresses of her generation.
With the Hindi film industry making a major breakthrough with the incredible success of “Slumdog Millionaire”, movie audiences around the world should expect to see more and more films featuring the talents, beauty and charisma of these Hindi actresses.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!