Bollywood does not go out of great films that are worldly appreciated like these 10 best Hindi Indian movies. Each movie has a wonderful story to tell and most of them were box office hits.
- "Black": Telling the story of a blind and deaf girl and her relationship with her teacher, this movie is one of the ten best Hindi Indian movies. It adapted the story of Helen Keller, and it won several awards including eleven Filmfare awards as well as the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Hindi.
- "Sholay": This movie, one of the ten best Hindi Indian movies, is about the story of two criminals who were hired to detain the ruthless Gabbar Singh. It was declared by the BBC India as the Film of the Millenium in 1999, and it also won the award Filmfare Best Film of 50 Years.
- "Mughal-e-Azam": Another film included in the ten best Hindi Indian movies is Mughal-e-Azam which was released in 1960. It was produced by Sterling Investment Corporation Pvt Ltd., and it is one of the biggest box office hits in India.
- "Mother India": This movie, one of the ten best Hindi Indian movies, was released in 1957 which is a remake of the movie "Aurat." Starring Nargis, Sunil Dutt, Rajendra Kumar and Raj Kumar, this earned a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film in 1958.
- "Om Shanti Om": This is a musical film that was released in 2007 which was choreographed by Farah Khan. There were around 42 Bollywood stars who appeared in this film, making it one of the ten best Hindi Indian movies.
- "Hum Aapke Hain Kaun": Another movie which belongs to the ten best Hindi Indian movies, this tells the story about two Indian families and their relationships. It is a remake of the movie, "Nadiya Ke Paar," which was also produced by Rajshri Productions.
- "Lagaan": A drama that was set in the 19th century when the British still ruled India, this movie is one of the ten best Hindi Indian movies. Winning eight Filmfare awards, it was also nominated for one of the Oscar awards.
- "Satya": Satya is one of the gangster films which is also one of the ten best Hindi Indian movies. It is about how an innocent man was later made into a criminal.
- "Jane Bhi Do Yaaron": This is the story of two simple and honest photographer friends who witnessed a murder and were later on involved in the crooked deals between politicians and bureaucrats.
- "Daewaar": Also a part of the ten best Hindi Indian movies is "Daewaar," which is a drama portraying the story of two brothers who were raised by their mother who has a long-term illness.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.