If you know someone planning a Hindi wedding, you probably want to know what the 10 best Hindi wedding songs are. Bollywood continues to gain popularity and has even been crossing over to American audiences, as well, raising the interest in Hindi wedding songs. Whether you're looking for a touching song to sing to your bride-to-be, something fun for the guests to enjoy at a reception, or for a good song for a father to sing to his daughter, these are some of the best Hindi wedding songs in the world.
- “Teri Ore” means "towards you." One of the most touching songs a bride and groom can share is this tender song about discovering love. It is one of the best Hindi wedding songs of all time (and a romantic song to make your lover smile for years afterward).
- “Mujhse Shadi Karogi” is a fun and naughty song. Considered one of the best Hindi wedding songs, it begins with an invitation for a scandalous rendezvous but ends in a sweet wedding proposal.
- “Saajanji Ghar Aaye” is a fun song for the bride and groom. One of the best Hindi wedding songs, a proud groom tells his bride-to-be that he has come home for her. It is a funny and teasing song, sure to make everyone smile.
- “Mehndi Laga Ke Rakhna” is a song urging a girl to prepare herself for her wedding. An important part of preparing for an Indian wedding is mehendi, where the bride's hands and feet are decorated with henna. This is not only one of the best Hindi wedding songs, it's also one of the catchiest.
- “Mehndi Hai Lgi Mere Hathon Mein” is another good song about wedding preparations. A girl tells her groom that she has prepared herself and they sing about hurrying off to be wed. This one makes our list of best Hindi wedding songs because you can't help but want to join in and sing.
- “Babul Ki Duayen Leti Ja” embodies a father's love for his daughter. It is one of the best Hindi Wedding songs for a father to sing to his daughter on her wedding day and is sure to bring back happy memories for both, for many years to come.
- “Soniye Ve” is a popular song for many Hindi weddings and receptions. From the movie "Kismet Konnection," it mixes a great beat and classic style with English DJ overlays. This is of the best Hindi wedding songs for a traditional or multi-cultural wedding.
- “Balle Balle” is from the hit movie, "Bride and Prejudice." Starring the beautiful Aishwarya Rai, Martin Henderson and Naveen Andrews (from "Lost"), "Bride and Prejudice" helps make "Balle Balle" one of the most requested and best Hindi wedding songs.
- "Shaadi Ke Liye Razaamand Kar Li" was performed by Rafi Sahib in the 1970 hit movie, "Devi." Rafi Sahib (Mohammed Rafi) was one of the greatest singers on the Bollywood scene. This song is one of the most popular Hindi wedding songs of all time.
- “Joote Dedo Paise Lelo” deals with the stealing and ransoming of shoes. No wedding is complete without this funny choice for the best Hindi wedding songs of all time and all wedding guests will enjoy this fun song about the sister-in-laws who steal the shoes and the groom who tries to barter to get them back.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.