10 Best Hip Hop Pump Up Songs For Sports
The 10 best Hip-Hop pump up songs for sports usually have an amazing beat that builds and inspires. In sports, finding a song that gives you energy is important. However, finding a song that keeps that energy up is even more important.
- "Get Low" by Lil' Jon and The East Side Boyz. This hip-hop song has a great flow. It keeps up energy that is excellent for getting pumped in any sports arena. Its heavy beats are met with whirling blips and Lil' Jon's whaling voice.
- "What You Know" by T.I. This song is heavy hitting and its chorus has uplifting synth-sounds. T.I.'s sound in this hip-hop song is all about not taking flack from anyone else. The subject matter is lifted by the faux orchestra which highlights the hits of the bass.
- "Mama Said Knock You Out" by LL Cool J. This hip-hop song was released in 1990. The beginning of this song has a sound that pumps up any athlete. The scratching of the turn table is poetically mixed with LL Cool J's screaming. This song threatens anyone in its path and will keep the energy going throughout its entirety.
- "Lose Yourself" by Eminem. Eminem's hip-hop hit "Lose Yourself" was the main song for his film "8 Mile". This song builds and builds from beginning to end. Its about earning your moment and losing yourself in a moment. Its inspiring to any sports event and synonymous with getting pumped up.
- "Stronger" by Kanye West. This Daft Punk inspired hip-hop hit by Kanye is excellent for sports. Its synthesized-robotic chorus that plays on loop in the background carries the beat of the song from its start to its end. Kanye's voice is perfectly juxtaposed with the robotic chorus as well.
- "B.O.B." by Outkast. This song has no build, it comes out of the gate with high energy and never stops. Outkast's Andre 3000 and Big Boi spit their rhymes as fast as lightning. Their hip-hop is paired perfectly with the digitized beat that is similar to Mario Cart. There are surprising and very subtle guitar riffs in it as well.
- "Power" by Kanye West. By beginning this song with a chorus of chants, Kanye West uses that as a consistent theme through out this song. The sneering guitar acts as the foundation of "Power". He uses distorted singing from other songs to break down the build ups that he creates.
- "Slam" by Onyx. This is another 90's hip-hop song that utilizes the scratching of turn tables to its advantage. Add to that the jingling of bells to soften the songs edge and mix in the hype up of the others in the group in between lyrics and you have an amazing pump up song for any sport. The chorus is easy to follow and any team can chant it in order to get pumped!
- "Cinderella Man" by Eminem. Arguably one of the best hip-hop pump up songs in history. Eminem starts this song with a heavy and powerful clap that is sewn throughout the song. The clapping is married to a beautiful guitar riff and that's all the song needs to carry Eminem's message of building yourself up. The chorus is beautiful sung and carries the listening up to new levels.
- "Ante Up (Robbin Hoodz Theory)" by M.O.P. This hip-hop song is considered to be the Metallica of hip-hop songs. Its hard hitting guitar is highlighted by bits of turn table scratches. The group rapping holds nothing back. They shout each lyric in your face and force you to listen to them. This song is excellent for sports as it requests of everyone to "Ante up" whatever they have to offer to the event.
Posted on: Feb. 07, 2011