10 Best Hip Hop Songs With Bass
Listing the 10 best hip hop songs with bass is a tough call. In the 1990's, Miami bass emerged classified by its deep throbbing beats. Driving in your car, these hip hop songs would determine who had the best stereo system. Want to make your car bump and rattle? Here are the top choices for the best hip hop songs with bass.
- "Feel the Bass" by D.J. Magic Mike. This single was released on the album "Bass is the Name of the Game" in 1990. It will make your sub-woofer thump. It marks the origin of Miami Bass and the best hip hop with bass.
- "Me so Horny" by 2 Live Crew. Classic "dirty rap" this song was part of the 1989 album "As Nasty as They Wanna Be." 2 Live Crew, along with D.J. Magic Mike, were instrumental in creating this type of ground-breaking bass Hip Hop.
- "Supersonic" by JJ Fad. Released in 1988 as the title track, "Supersonic" is a classic. The group's only real hit is a prime example of old school style of beatmaking.
- "Back Seat (of my Jeep)" by LL Cool J. This song was a single off of LL Cool J's 1993 album entitled "14 Shots to the Dome." It has a killer beat and definitely belongs amongst the best hip hop songs with bass.
- "If I Ruled the World" Nas featuring Lauryn Hill. This hip hop song, released in 1996, marks the first mainstream hit for Nas, one of the greatest rap artists of all time. The bass beat is unbelievable.
- "Hypnotize" by Notorious BIG. Released after his death in 1997 off of the album, "Life After Death," Biggie climbed the charts even from the grave. To date, this is one of the best hip hop songs; it will never be forgotten.
- "Born to Roll" by Masta Ace. From the 2001 album, "Sittin on Chrome," "Born to Roll" has an intense beat that you can literally feel.
- "Drop it Like It's Hot" by Snoop Dogg. What hip hop list is complete without Snoop? This title track was released in 2004; its base is more subtle, but not less powerful. A great party song, the bass of "Drop it Like It's Hot" will get you moving.
- "Walk it Out" by DJ Unk. The song was from the 2006 album, "Beat N Down Yo Block." This catchy beat was featured as the exit song on a popular break competition. It is an undeniable hip hop bass hit.
- "A Milli" by Lil Wayne. From Lil Wayne's 2008 album, "Tha Carter III," "A Milli" does not disappoint. In typical Lil Wayne style, the music is raw and definately belongs amongst the top hip hop songs with bass.