It has never been a better time to be Hispanic, female and in the entertainment industry, just ask any of the 10 best Hispanic female singers. Collectively these ladies have sold millions upon millions of albums and made the world sit up and take notice. These Hispanic singers have won numerous awards, including Grammys, AMA's and VMA's.
- Jennifer Lopez, Puerto Rico. This "American Idol" judge got her start as a Fly Girl on "In Living Color" and went on to become a recording artist, actress, fashion designer, producer, wife and mother. Her husband, Marc Anthony, is minority owner of the Miami Dolphins with Gloria Estefan and her husband Emilio.
- Gloria Estefan, Cuba. Gloria's big break came when she be came the lead singer of her husband Emilio's band, Miami Sound Machine. Since then, she has launched a successful solo career. She is a minority owner of the Miami Dolphin's along with her husband and Marc Anthony.
- Selena, Mexico. This Hispanic singer has often been called the "Mexican Madonna" for both her amazing talent and fearless fashion sense. She was gunned down at the age of 23 by the president of her fan club.
Christina Aguilera, Ecuador. This singer of Hispanic descent got her start on "Star Search" before breaking out on the 1990's version of "The Mickey Mouse Club".
- Shakira, Colombia. Growing up, Shakira was often made fun of by her peers for her unusual voice, but she would not let the deter her dreams of becoming a singer. Good thing, too, as she has won 2 Grammy awards, 7 Latin Grammys and 12 Latin Billboard awards. This Hispanic songstress is second only to Gloria Estefan in album sales for Latina singers.
Joan Baez, Mexico. With a career spanning 50 years, influencing such musicians as Bob Dylan and introducing the world to a whole genre of folk singer-songwriters, it would seem that everything Hispanic singer Joan Baez touches turns to gold.
- Celia Cruz, Cuba. Affectionately known as the "Queen of Salsa", this Latina lady was one of the most successful salsa performers of the twentieth century.
- Stacy Ferguson "Fergie",
- Selena Gomez, Mexico. Ms. Gomez was reportedly named after famed Tejano singer Selena (see list #3). With such a namesake, it seemed that she was destined for fame. Before breaking into music, Selena was on the children's show "Barney". With her music, acting and philanthropic efforts, this up and comer is going to be a force to be reckoned with.
- Demi Lovato, Mexico. Demetria "Demi" Lovato also got her start on the popular children's show "Barney" and quickly became friends with Selena Gomez (see list #9). At the tender age of 18, she released 2 albums, has starred in a number of movies for Disney, stars in the Disney show "Sonny With A Chance", embarked on an international tour and purchased two homes for her family.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
Cooking With Booze: Bourbon Barrel Quad Ice Cream
If you're ever going to make dessert, make it this beer-and-bourbon brilliance.