10 Best Hollywood Movies For Broken Up Couples
The 10 best Hollywood movies for broken up couples defy normal stereotypical romances that end in marriage and everlasting happiness. If you’ve recently been dumped, these movies will make you feel better about your life. So instead of watching couples happily fall in love, rent a few of these more realistic movies about unsuccessful relationships.
- “The Break Up” The movie’s entire premise revolves around the fall out that occurs when a couple breaks up. Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn play the two lovers, and the movie is perfect for broken up couples who want to watch a comedy about a relationship at its end rather than its beginning.
- “The War of the Roses” This classic 1980's comedy pits Kathleen Turner against Michael Douglas. These two divorcing lovers battle it out for the house and eventually their lives. If you’ve broken up with someone and want to watch a Hollywood movie that takes bickering to the very extreme, check out this film.
- “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” A more recent pick, “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” is a great comedy for broken up couples to watch, especially guys. The plot revolves around a recently dumped man who accidentally gets stuck in Hawaii with his ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend.
- “High Fidelity” This Hollywood movie is an ode to the romantic skeletons in every man's closet. John Cusack plays a recently broken up man who attempts to forget his ex-girlfriend with records. If you’re a big music lover and have been recently dumped, you have to watch “High Fidelity.”
- “500 Days of Summer” For a fresh, quirky comedy about broken up couples, this Hollywood movie reflects on the length of one couple's an entire relationship and stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel.
- “Swingers” This Hollywood movie is a celebration of breaking up and resuming the single life again. Jon Favreau stars as a recently broken up man who heads to Las Vegas to find some fun. If you’ve ended a relationship and need a pick-me-up, watch this film with your guy friends.
- “The Wedding Singer” The comedy stars Adam Sandler as a wedding singer who gets dumped on his own wedding day. Viewers watch him wallow in self-pity, then pull his life back together again and snag Drew Barrymore. It will make any dumped man feel a lot better about his situation.
- “Kill Bill” This Tarantino film is a great Hollywood movie for broken up couples. Bill and his Bride (Uma Thurman) both try to kill each other after their relationship deconstructs. If you are in the mood for some action, blood, and anger, check out this film.
- “Closer” This Hollywood movie, starring Jude Law and Natalie Portman, is a perfect choice for someone who is feeling very cynical about love. If you’ve recently broken up with someone, you will feel justified watching the characters in the film pass from relationship to relationship without ever finding true love.
- “Vertigo” The classic Hitchcock thriller contains suspense, mystery, and romance. The Hollywood movie also delivers another message as the story progresses: never trust a beautiful female. If you’ve recently been jilted, this movie will match your mood.