The wisdom you find in this list of the 10 best Homer Simpson quotes may come as a surprise. Homer Simpson isn't a man known for his astuteness, but once in a while, an unexpected gem finds its way out of his big yellow head and surprises us with a bit of enlightenment. While at first glance his comments can seem the words of a dolt, if you take the time to think about what he's saying, you'll find that there's a grain of truth at the heart of it—or at least a sly dig at the things we're all sometimes guilty of doing. Whether for their surprise sagacity or just because of their sheer idiocy, these are the 10 best Homer Simpson quotes.
- Homer Simpson on taking the easy way out: "If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing."
- Homer on organized religion: "But Marge, what if we chose the wrong religion? Each week we just make God madder and madder."
- On the power of the boob tube: "Television! Teacher, mother, secret lover."
- Homer on life's important lessons, #1: "I want to share something with you: the three little sentences that will get you through life. Number 1: Cover for me. Number 2: Oh, good idea, Boss! Number 3: It was like that when I got here."
- Homer Simpson on priorities: "It's not easy to juggle a pregnant wife and a troubled child, but somehow I managed to fit in eight hours of TV a day."
- On morality: "I'm not a bad guy! I work hard, and I love my kids. So why should I spend half my Sunday hearing about how I'm going to Hell?"
- Homer on life's important lessons, #2: "Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try."
- On alcoholism: "When will I learn? The answer to life's problems aren't at the bottom of a bottle, they're on TV!"
On understanding women: "You know, boys, a nuclear reactor is a lot like a woman. You just have to read the manual and press the right buttons."
- Homer Simpson on wisdom itself: "Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."
The next time you find yourself in a tough situation, just look up the words of Homer Simpson, and ask yourself, "What would Homer do?"
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.