If you're looking for real thrills, be sure to try out the 10 best horror games for PC. While high-octane shooters and RPGs are great, nothing keeps you in the moment like one of these horror games for PC. If your collection is lacking, try out some of the best horror games for PC.
- Darkseed Combine a quiet suburban town with the twisted artwork of H.R. Geiger and you get one of the best ever horror games for PC. A man is haunted in his dreams by a constant alien threat, which slowly but surely starts to pervert the real world in this timeless classic.
- Dead Space This third-person shooter is easily one of the best horror games for PC made in recent history. You play a scientists who must go up against scores of monsters with nothing but a couple of space age mining tools. For great innovative combat and some truly terrifying thrills, be sure to try out this amazing game.
- Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth Many average gamers might not remember this gem, but it's one of the best horror games for PC. This takes Lovecraft's classic horror set-pieces and puts the players in control of the story with a few puzzles thrown in for good measure.
- Resident Evil 2 The second of Capcom's amazing zombie franchise was ported to the PC to become one the best horror games ever. You play alternating storylines as two people trapped inside of a police station with a horde of the shambling undead. Puzzles, amazing bosses and a scarcity of ammo makes this game a classic.
- System Shock 2 The precursor to the underwater epic "BioShock," this game puts the players on a derelict space craft filled with an undead crew and more questions than answers. This is one of the best horror games for PC because it nails the scary atmosphere from the start and never lets up until the explosive finale.
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent Developed independently and released to limited fanfare, this is an amazing game that brings the horror genre to its roots. Key to the gameplay is the fact that no matter how much you want to, you cannot fight the horrors that are constantly chasing you. The only thing you can do is run through that last set of doors and hope you don't find something worse waiting for you on the other side.
- F.E.A.R. With a name like that, how could it not be one of the best horror games for PC? You play as a member of an elite special forces team sent to investigate a series of grisly murders and what you find is something much worse than, say, what you'd find in the seventh circle of hell. Fast gameplay and amazingly creepy visuals make this a horror game for the masses.
- Alone In The Dark We must make a note that we're referring to the original release from 1992 and not the horrific remake of this stellar horror game for PC. This game features amazing puzzles, a killer atmosphere and incredible spooks that are not limited by the aging graphics engine. If you want a true horror classic, pick this one up.
- Downfall Another under-appreciated title, "Downfall" tells the story of a husband and wife whose vacation takes a turn for the sinister. Full of gore and nudity, this is one of the best horror games for PC that is not for the faint of heart. However, if you're up for something truly creepy, give this a try.
- Cryostasis Set in 1961 aboard a shipwrecked icebreaker, this is one of the best horror games for PC for pure atmosphere. While the visuals are noticeably dated, this is one of those games that demands being played with the lights off. Just don't expect to get any sleep afterwards.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.