The 10 best horror scenes do not always correlate to the best horror movies. Often times, a movie that is only "fair" as a whole has a stand-out scene that hangs in the memory for years to come. Get the popcorn, and a friend, and check out these scenes.
- The Shower – "Psycho". The crowning moment in history for actress Janet Leigh tops the list of best horror scenes. An innocent shower turns to terror when a knife wielding crazy guy interrupts. The scene still disturbs some people when they close the shower curtain.
- Din Din- "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane". This entry on the list of best horror scenes involves a cooked pet and a dead rat. The unthinkable combination is served for dinner by a scorned Baby Jane to her sister.
- Knitting Needle to the Eye – "Halloween". Jamie Lee Curtis's first feature film hits the list of best horror scenes. When the innocent babysitter pokes a knitting needle into the eye of Michael Myers, the audience doesn't know if they should cringe or cheer.
- We've Traced the Call – "When a Stranger Calls (1979)". On the list of best horror scenes, this one tops for suspense. When the police call to let the babysitter know that the scary phone calls she has been receiving are coming from a phone upstairs in the home, all hell breaks loose in this creepy film.
- Dinner Time – "Texas Chainsaw Massacre". This entry on the list of best horror scenes is a complete gross out. Nailed to a chair by her hands, Sally's finger tips are removed for appetizers for Grandpa.
- Sorry, Wrong Answer – "Scream". The opening sequence for the movie Scream makes the list of best horror scenes. As the girl plays along with the caller, it turns to terror quickly when she gets a trivia question wrong and a masked killer appears outside her window.
- Here's Johnny – "The Shining". This entry on the list of best horror scenes involves a man gone very wrong. As he axes his way through the door, he pokes his head in to terrorize his trapped wife.
- Coming Up the Steps- "Rear Window". The climax of this movie makes the list of best horror scenes. When the killer is climbing the stairs to the main character's apartment, the suspense rises to extremely high levels. Thankfully, the invalid hero is able to jump out the window.
- This is no Dream. – "Rosemary's Baby". The strange sequence in the flick makes the list of best horror scenes. Rosemary at first thinks she is dreaming, but then realizes that she is being raped by a hairy, hoofed creature.
- Let Me In – "Salem's Lot". This final entry on the list of best horror scenes still gives me nightmares. The floating vampire boy outside the window tapping and asking for entrance is an eerie sight not soon forgotten.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.