Here are the 10 best horror thriller movies of all time. We all love a good thrill. Nothing fits the bill better than a good horror flick. Most of the movies listed are classics and originals. A remake is never better than the real thing!
- "The Shining" (1980) This movie is so scary because it could actually happen. "Redrum" and "Here's Johnny!" are two of the most disturbing lines you will ever hear. The final scene is one of the best horror sequences ever.
- "The Exorcist" (1973) This horror movie is a classic about a young girl possessed by the devil. Who could ever forget Linda Blair's head spinning around or the green vomit?
- "The Omen" (1976) Another classic horror thriller, this film about the family that takes in a child whose mother has died. It turns out that the child in question is the actual antichrist named Damien. This film scared moviegoers around the world.
- "Halloween" (1978) The original Michael Myers horror movie is the best by far. After murdering his sister and being institutionalized, Michael escaped to return to his hometown. The remakes and sequels could not hold a candle to this classic horror thriller.
- "The Poltergeist" (1982) There is so much myth and legend surrounding this movie, it adds to the horror of it. A house built on burial grounds, a daughter who is taken to the other side and a miniature medium–what more could you want from a horror thriller movie?
- "Friday the 13th" (1980) Along with "Halloween," this horror flick deals with a troubled youth who has turned to mass murder. Who would have thought that a hockey goalie mask could be so scary!
- "A Nightmare on Elm Street" (1984) Another example of the original being better than the remake, this movie made people afraid to go to sleep. Freddie Krueger was one of the best horror villains of all time. Those claws on metal made your skin crawl. "One, two, Freddy's coming for you."
- "Amityville Horror" (1979) This classic thriller tells the story of a house that has a life all its own. Those windows that look like eyes are enough to scare anyone.
- "The Ring" (2002) This more recent horror thriller movie is one of the scariest films ever. An unidentified video with random images ends up in the hands of unsuspecting people. If a person watches the video, he/she receives a call saying he will die in seven days. The horses on the boat and the girl in the well put this movie in a different league of terror.
- "Psycho" (1960) Norman Bates and his mother seem less than frightening, but this classic and its infamous shower scene is the pinnacle of all horror thriller movies. Taking a shower will never be the same again.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!