California provides sunshine, fun, and beaches, so what better way to get all three than by heading to the ten best hotel resorts in California? Sprinkled all throughout California, these hotel resorts offer something for everyone. Whether it's five-star elegance that will spoil you, a getaway just for the weekend, a destination that the whole family can enjoy, or a place by the beach, these ten best hotel resorts will cater to your every whim.
- Bacara Resort and Spa. Located in picturesque Santa Barbara, Bacara is popular with corporate types and features rooms or whole suites to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. It's bars, restaurants, and cafes overlook the ocean. Call them at (805) 968-0100 to book your rooms today!
- La Valencia Hotel. Nestled in La Jolla, this hotel resort is a historic one, having been built all the way back in 1926. It sits in downtown and is situated near the hottest galleries, shops, restaurants, the ever-popular La Jolla Cove, and a park where many weddings have taken place. Call (858) 454-0771 to reserve now.
- Beach House at Hermose Beach. You can't have California without beaches, so get your fill of the sand by staying at this luxury boutique hotel which sits right on The Strand, one of LA's finest, residential beaches! Contact them right away at (310) 374-3001 to get your own piece of the sand.
- Monterey Bay Inn Resort Hotel. So close to the water that you will fall asleep and wake up with the sounds of seals gently barking, the Monterey Bay Inn caters to clientele that appreciates clean, modern decor. The Inn is also situated in the heart of the action: Fisherman's Wharf is just a stone's throw away. Get in touch with them to book today at (831) 373-6242.
- Marina Dunes Resort. Probably boasting the best views of any ocean hotel for its kind, the Marina Dunes Resort is so plush that you are provided with a golf cart to drive to your respective suite! Rooms and suites feature sliding doors that open directly onto views of the ocean or dunes! Contact them at (831) 883-9478 to see why it makes the list of ten best hotel resorts in California .
- The Monterey Hotel. Another Monterey entry, this resort is smack dab in the middle of historic Monterey. Amenities aplenty abound as a weekly Farmer's Market, various pubs, and a movie theater are scattered around the site. There's even a supposed ghost at the hotel by the name of "Fred". Call them if you dare at (831) 375-3184.
Disney's Grand Californian Hotel. What list of California hotel resorts would be complete without a nod to a Disney property? The Grand Californian is a powerhouse, having won the Mobil Four Star Award and also the AAA Four Diamond Award. Call now at (714) 635-2300 to bring some magic into your stay.
- Hotel Queen Mary. Converted to a hotel, the Queen Mary now stands permanently anchored at 1126 Queens Highway in Long Beach. Costing the city $3.5 million to purchase, Hotel Queen Mary includes, apparently, its very own ghosts, too! If you have the guts, call the hotel at (877) 342-0738 to reserve your room.
- Four Seasons Luxury Resort. Another Santa Barbara entry, this resort is pricey, so be forewarned! However, get over the potential cost hang-up to enjoy the indulgent atmosphere of this resort, which includes prime location right among million-dollar homes and horseback riding, sailing, and hiking amenities. Call (805) 969-2261.
- Hotel Del Coronado. A San Diego landmark, Hotel Del Coronado is immediately recognizable by its trademark red roof and spires. Known as the film locale for "Some Like It Hot", the hotel has executive quarters, its own beach, and breathtaking views of the ocean. Call (619) 522-8490.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …