10 Best Indian Restaurants: NYC
If you love Indian dishes, you will love these 10 best Indian restaurants: NYC. Indian cuisine is one of the best international foods. The flavors are bold and different to the palate but well worth giving a try. Enjoy this guide to trying something new and a little different.
- Vatan Indian Vegetarian: You will feel quite at home in this Indian restaurant. The decor is quite exotic and takes you to India without ever leaving the states. The menu is very nice as well. Enjoy entrees such as Chana Masala or Sev Puri. Strange names but excellent flavor. If you like Indian music, visit their website. The music is not too bad. 409 Third Avenue, New York, New York 10016. (212) 689-5666
- Shamrat: This restaurant’s menu is extensive. You will find a lot of Indian dishes listed with beverages and dessert. Be warned, they serve very spicy meals. 1365 First Avenue, New York, New York, 10021. (212) 734-2447.
- Angon on Sixth: Serves spicy and mild food in an atmosphere that takes you to the Far East. It is located in East Village. 320 East 6th Street, Curry Row, New York, New York 10003. (212) 260-8229
- Simla: Simla serves every Indian dish imaginable at their restaurant. The menu is quite impressive and extensive. Everything from curry chicken to Masala Doza in on the menu. The prices range from low to high, with the specialties and vegetable dishes costing a little more. 304 East 78th Street, New York, New York 10075. (212) 737-9520
- Maharaja: Our ten best list continues with this fabulous Indian restaurant. They serve the usual dishes but offer fine dining and brunch. This is a good place to take your date. 230 East 44th Street, New York, New York 10017. (212) 973-9825
- 1 Darbar: The food and service is great at this New York City restaurant but expensive. It is a nice place to have lunch or order out. There is a buffet to sit down and enjoy if you do not like rushing through your meal. They accept all major credit cards for your convenience. 152 E 46th Street, New York , New York. 10017 (212) 681-4500
- Aaheli: This best Indian restaurant receives great reviews from customers who have eaten there. The food is very good and the service is professional. Everything on the menu is authentic and fresh. Prices are moderate to high. Free delivery if you live close by and they accept all major credit cards. 826 9th Avenue, New York, New York 10019. (212) 969-9010
- Alachi Masala: Serves very hot to very mild entrees. They have are very good with accommodating the customers. The food is very good but spicy. If you cannot eat very spicy food, ask them to tone it down a little. Accepts all major credit cards and cash if delivered. 488 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, New York 10024. (212) 874-7420
- Andaz: This place accepts online reservations and ordering. There is a lunch and dinner buffet as well as take out and delivery. The food is worth the price. Expect to pay well for your meals. 1378 1st Avenue, New York , New York 10021. (212) 288-0288
- 2 Darbar Grill: You will not be disappointed when you eat here. The prices are a little high but the food is worth it. 157 East 55th Street, New York, New York 10022. (212) 751-4600