Whether you are native Indian, or simply want an exotic touch in your wedding, you should know the ten best Indian wedding songs. Indian wedding songs are catered to fun, frolic, and dancing,which is why they are high spirited numbers. Some of the best Indian wedding songs are listed below.
- "Babul Ki Duayen Leti Ja." Traditionally, it is said that when a girl gets married, the father misses her more than the mother. That is the feeling this wedding song conveys, as it is sung by a father who is lamenting the fact that his dear daughter is getting married.
- "Meri Pyari Behaniya banegi dulhaniya." This song is about a girl singing in anticipation about her sister getting married. Though a light hearted song, there is an air of melancholy behind it.
- "Joote Dedo Paise Lelo." The literal translation to the title of this wedding song is "Give me the shoes, take the money." In Indian weddings, a light hearted custom is for the brides family to take the shoes of the groom and give them back only once they receive some money. This is a fun song which is customary for your Hindi wedding soundtrack.
- "Le Jayenge Le Jayenge." This is one of those songs that everyone gets up to dance to. A wedding song with a naughty ring to it, this is best suited for when all the guests get up to dance.
- "Mehndi Laga Ke Rakhna." The Mehndi is one of the most important functions of an Indian wedding, during which henna designs are made on the brides hands. Another fast paced number that will make anyone want to get up and dance.
- "Mujhse Shaadi Karogi." A song that will put a smile to anyone's (even the stereotypical sad Indian bride) face, this is a song in which a guy tries to get a girl to marry him by promising her all the happiness in the world.
- "Sasural Genda Phool." A fun song that is often played to poke fun at the "Sasural," better known as the bride's in-laws. In this song, the in-laws are compared to marigolds and the song serves to lighten the mood.
- "Kajra Re." Another great dance floor number, this song made hits on the airways when it was released and continues to be a great song to play at a wedding.
- "O Sathi Re." A somber, serious piece about fidelity and lifelong commitment. A song that is generally played when the bride and groom are putting rings on each others fingers.
- "Mehndi Hai Rachne Wali." Mehndi Hai Rachne Wali (the henna will color your hands) is a sweet song that symbolizes everlasting love. Too slow to be danced too, and to fast to be played at the ring ceremony, this song is great for a background piece.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …