The best Indie flicks of 2010 feature quaint, quirky stories that never betray the feel of an Indie film. Many of the movies feature domestic situations gone wrong while others feature normal men placed in extraordinary situations.
- “Buried” – Ryan Reynolds stars in this, one of the best Indie flicks of 2010. Reynolds plays a truck driver, abducted and buried alive. When he wakes up in the casket, all he has is a lighter and a telephone. The film debuted at the Sundance Film Festival.
- “The Kids are All Right” – Annette Bening has received awards consideration for her role in one of the best Indie flicks of 2010. Bening and Julianne Moore play a lesbian couple who live with their two children, both conceived with the same sperm donor. When their daughter turns 18, she sets out to learn the identity of her biological father.
- “Winter’s Bone” – Jennifer Lawrence is receiving Oscar consideration for her role in one of the best Indie flicks of 2010. Lawrence plays a 17-year old whose father disappears after being released on bond for drug charges. She has to find him before her family loses their home to the bondsman.
- “The Warrior’s Way” – Produced primarily in Peter Jackson’s WETA studios, this is one of the best Indie flicks of 2010. A warrior refuses to kill the final living member of his rival clan, a young baby, and finds himself hunted by his own clan. He joins a group of misfits who are tormented by a group of military outlaws.
- “Survival of the Dead” – George Romero continues his “Dead” franchise with one of the best Indie flicks of 2010. Romero paints the remaining living humans as the villains while the zombies are danger in the background. The film focuses on a group of survivors on a seemingly safe island.
- “Rabbit Hole” – Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eckhart play a married couple whose son dies in a car accident. In one of the best Indie flicks of 2010, the couple deals with their grief in different ways and find themselves growing apart over time.
- “Frozen” – Adam Green directs this survival horror film, one of the best Indie flicks of 2010. Three friends go skiing at a resort and find themselves trapped on a ski life when the resort shuts down for the weekend. The friends must battle the elements as they try to find their way down and to safety.
- “It’s Kind of a Funny Story” – Based on a bestselling novel, this movie is one of the best Indie flicks of 2010. A 16-year old who is contemplating suicide decides to check himself into a treatment center seeking help. He is sent to the adult ward where he meets a patient played by Zach Galifianakis, who takes him under his wing.
- “Cyrus” – This comedy film stars John C. Reilly, Marisa Tomei and Jonah Hill and is one of the best Indie flicks of 2010. When John meets Molly at a party, he believes he might have found the perfect woman. Unfortunately, he must contend with the obstacles caused by her son, Cyrus.
- “Get Low” – In one of the best Indie flicks of 2010, Robert Duvall stars as a hermit, living deep in the woods. Many rumors swirl about who he is and why he remains out of the public eye. One day, he decides to plan his own funeral, which he wants to attend while he is still alive to hear what people think of him.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …