This is list of top ten indie love songs of today's artists. If there is anything that these songs share, it is that love is universal and has no boundaries.
- "Flames" by VAST. This indie song, performed by an extremely underrated band VAST, could possibly be the song that epitomizes an indie love song. The somber cello arrangement is nothing short of beautiful and almost breath-taking while John Crosby sings deep words of longing and love. It is an unmistakably powerful and moving indie long song worthy of being #1.
- "We Belong Together" by Gavin Degraw. Originally released to coincide with the release of the depreciated historical romance "Tristan + Isolde," this indie song is another one of Gavin Degraw's great love songs. With the lyrics like these, "wedded by the planet force, we've both been spoken for," there's nothing else to interpret, only that it's a song about a love fated in the stars and what's more romantic than that? The song was later re-released with a more pop/less-indie "sound" but the original, although rare, makes #2 on our top ten indie love songs list.
- "Collide" by Howie Day. This is a pleasant guitar-driven, harmonious song about how when opposites attract, they collide.
- "You And Me" by Lifehouse. This is one of two Lifehouse songs we're featuring on our list. There's no mystery as to why "You and Me" has become a staple for an indie love song because of its rich message of love excluding everyone else but you and your significant other.
- "Accidentally In Love" by Counting Crows. This is an upbeat indie love song that captures the exhilaration of falling in love and realizing it for the first time. That is why we think it deserves to be #5 on our list of indie love songs.
- "The Story" by Brandi Carlile. This is a song about all of a person's life stories and everything they've been through, comes down to the one that matters the most. Or as Brandi breaks out in her raw and soulful voice, "But none of these stories don't mean anything anything. When you've got no one to tell them. It's true, I was made for you."
- "Starlight" by Muse. Muse's trademark synthesizing sounds of this song easily generates images of space flight and the cosmos which can respectively represent the cosmic power of love and the lyrics opens the interpretation to the meeting of soul mates.
- "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol. Another staple in the category of indie love songs because of its message about pure love.
- "Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane. Although the band's initial interpretation of the song was different, this casts a love spell on its listeners. The song's breezy arrangement allows us to reflect on a certain nostalgic moment of love or gives us a sense of wanting to escape to private place with the one we love the most.
- "Everything" by Lifehouse. Most of the song is a beautiful calm arrangement accompanying the effectively strong lyrics, "And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?" until it breaks out into a jarring crescendo of guitars with Jason Wade belting out, "You're all I want, you're all I need, everything!" It is the agreement of these two volatile elements, which can be interpreted as the two emotions of being held by love and panic for when it’s not there.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.