10 Best Inexpensive Travel Destinations
Traveling inexpensively can be tough - but its not impossible! It can be fun for any budget with some of the great deals that are out there. The trick is to keep hunting for great, inexpensive travel ideas.
- Hungary. Depending on what time of year you visit, Hungary can be very inexpensive. During the fall is usually the best time to visit because summer is winding down and there are less tourist. The fewer the tourist the less there are on mark ups with fare and hotels.
- Mexico. If you are an American citizen, Mexico can be very simple and incredibly easy to travel to. There are a lot of American airlines that have special deals on flights to Mexico.
- Thailand. The most money you will spend travelling to Thailand will be on the airfare. Try your best to call the airline and see if there are any good deals going on. Once you get there, you can live very well off of roughly $7.00 a day.
- Ireland. Ireland has been known to be the most affordable European country to travel to. A few years ago, airfare was nearly double what it is now. However, Their economic times have caused them to drop prices in just about everything.
- Greece. Because of Greece's extremely tough economic times, it has become incredibly easy and cheap to travel to there. For round trip tickets from NYC to Athens, it will be relatively affordable. Not too bad considering the distance!
- U.S. Gulf Coast. The oil spill, as horrific as it has been on the climate, has made it cheap for travelers to venture to the Gulf Coast. Local businesses are sweetening deals in order to attract tourists - take advantage!
- Canada. For Americans, travelling to Canada is incredibly close. Its also very cheap to get to! Taking a bus versus flying is always a great way to save on intercontinental travel.
- Ecuador. If you want to see the beautiful rainforests of South America, Ecuador is very cheap to fly into and even cheaper to vacation at.
- Laos. Its usually best to fly into a major city and take buses to the smaller parts of the area. For example, fly into Bangkok and make arrangements to take a bus to Laos.
- Slovenia. Because of its historical significance in the trade route aspect, Slovenia is a very inexpensive "jumping off point" for any type of European travel . You can use a bike to get around the streets with ease and its typical to find a room for only a few bucks a night.
Posted on: Nov. 01, 2010