Here are the 10 best interview quotes from Lil Wayne. Over the years, some of the best interview quotes from Lil Wayne have come during sit-downs with serious journalists. Wayne, a Grammy-award winning rapper, has always spoken frankly about himself, his life and his state of mind, even when he was being interviewed on national television.
- "I was 11 and the girl was 13." In an interview with Playboy, Wayne was asked how old he was when he lost his virginity. He and the girl had sex against the wall of her walk-in closet. While this may be one of the more shocking interview quotes from Lil Wayne, he described the encounter casually, adding "I just stepped back and let her do what she do."
- "I also read the Bible for the first time. It was deep!" Rolling Stone magazine caught some memorable interview quotes from Lil Wayne during an interview following his release from jail. Wayne said that he read the Bible and liked the changes that people made. "Like he'd be dissing Jesus, and then he ends up being a saint. That was cool."
- "I got a lot of kids to call." In his jailhouse interview, Lil Wayne talked about how he spent his time during the day. He said that he would wake up at noon and begin calling family. Wayne has four children with four different women.
- "I am a gangsta, Ms. Katie. I don't take nothing from no one. I do what I wanna do." In an interview with Katie Couric before the 2009 Grammy Awards, Lil Wayne was asked exactly what a "gangsta" is. This explanation has been quoted often as one of the best interview quotes from Lil Wayne. He followed up by adding, "And I'm gonna do that until the day I die and if I cant' do that then I'll just die."
- "You know something real funny, I'm not gonna tell you the answer to that. But I promise to God when I tell ya- I've never lost count." Playboy asked Lil Wayne about the number of women he's slept with and his answer was, uncharacteristically, to refuse to say. He said his example could show "you can have that much sex and be able to protect yourself".
- "I will stand up for marijuana any day." Easily one of the best interview quotes from Lil Wayne, this one was in response to how Wayne felt about the use of marijuana. He admitted to using the herb to help with migraine headaches but also enjoys it. "I love to smoke", he said later.
- "I don't think what people think should be a concern of anybody's." Asked about the public perception of his having four baby mamas, Wayne responded that he'd be "crazy" to care about other people's feelings of him.
- "I'm not on child support with none of my kids cause I'm a great father." This interview quote from Lil Wayne was in reference to his ability to provide for his four children. But Wayne dismissed concern about his financial support, saying that the most important thing was being there for his kids.
- "Solitary was the worst. No TV. No radio. No commissary. Basically you're in there 23 hours a day." While serving a year-long sentence for criminal possession, Lil Wayne was busted for having an iPod charger in his cell and spent the last month in solitary confinement. Wayne said that he spent most of his time in solitary looking out the window.
- "You'd have to be a woman that's with me to know what phase I was going through." Three of Lil Wayne's kids were born in a twelve-month span, prompting some to wonder if he was in a rebellious phase. When asked about his motivation, Wayne added "If I was to answer that question for you, …I'd be the dumbest n***a on the planet."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)