10 Best Investments For 2009
Are you looking to invest in 2009 and want to know about the ten best investments for 2009? The markets are sinking and it's hard to know where to put your hard-earned money as each company that you look at goes down. Thankfully, we've put a guide together to help you figure out the best investments for 2009.
- Bunge – A company based within the United States, Bunge is a global agribusiness and food company. Not only has their stock value risen, but they also belong to one of the few recession-proof industries that still exist. As a safe, secure venture, Bunge is one of the ten best investments for 2009.
- Stryker – An orthopedic and medical equipment company that has performed well and has reported fourth-quarter sales higher than those of 2008, Stryker is easily one of the best investments for 2009. Not only is the medical profession always growing, but the company creates things that are constantly being used.
- Petrobras – Oil is something that always draws investments and the Brazil-based company is no different. The stocks have been rising since 2008 and the company has solid plans to expand and to be able to increase longevity.
- Fortis – A gas and electric distribution company which is located in Canada, it already has strong investors and a strong recent financial history to its name. It also is well known in Canada for being an excellent area for investments as the company returns its wealth to the shareholders.
- Johnson & Johnson – Always a household name, this health care/pharmaceutical company has 250 operating companies within its reach including Tylenol, Band-Aid, and Neutrogena. The stock is not only stable, but great for long-term investments.
- Microsoft – Naturally, Microsoft is always going to be a great choice when it comes to considering investments for 2009. About 90% of computers run on Microsoft's Windows so it will remain a powerhouse for stocks for years to come. Even though the price is a bit steep, the steady stock might be the best answer for some.
- Google – Much like Microsoft, Google powers the majority of search engines. It is also a public favorite. The stocks go up and down but mostly stays up, and Google always manages to bounce back and remain within the top three search engines in the world.
- Goldcorp – Gold is a good investment to make because the market will always be there, regardless of the other markets running parallel to it. Goldcorp is the largest and most well known company that houses gold.
- Altria - This is the holding company for Phillip Morris USA Inc. and John Middleton, Inc. which manufactures and sells cigarettes and other tobacco products. As this is a constant market, any investments placed in this company are sure to grow.
- Yum! Brands – Under this title, Yum! Brands houses restaurants like Kentucky Fried Chicken, Long John Silvers, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, and A&W Rootbeer. All of these are very well known names in the food service industry, and the company holding these companies has a nice stock and a decent rate of expansion and growth.