10 Best iPhone Apps For 2010
As the iPhone continues to evolve, new apps are being released, and the 10 best iPhone apps for 2010 are some of the best iPhone programs yet. The best part about 2010's 10 best iPhone apps is that many of them are free, and they do more than just let you send an email with a picture header. The newer iPhone apps have a lot to offer. Here are the best iPhone apps for 2010.
- The White House App. In this day and age of high-tech government, it is nice to know that the White House thinks enough of iPhone users to create this app. You can find out any information you need to know about the White House, read blogs from White House officials, read speech transcripts and watch White House speeches and press conferences. This app is free.
- ESPN Scorecenter. You may have seen this one advertised on television. The ESPN Scorecenter app is a free app that allows you to keep track of all of the major college and professional sports. You can choose which leagues and teams you want to follow, get box scores and have a whole world of sports stats at your fingertips.
- Fandango 3.2.2. If you have ever been out and about and wanted to see a movie, then you need the Fandango 3.2.2 app. It will help you find a theater near your location, check out movie times, read movie reviews and buy tickets. This is a free app.
- Guerrilla Bob. Ok, not every one of the 10 best iPhone apps of 2010 is something practical. Guerrilla Bob is a shoot-'em-up game with different game play scenes and levels of play. The action is intense and the game can be addicting. There is a charge for this app.
- Google Earth 3.0.0. If you know what Google Earth is, then the great iPhone app known as Google Earth 3.0.0 needs no introduction. It is all here, from the full graphic maps to street views, and they are all updated constantly. This is a free app.
- Apple iBooks 1.1. Simply put, Apple iBooks 1.1 is a PDF application that acts as your personal library. There are many popular book titles available for free through Apple, and this app is free as well.
- StickBo. There is something intriguing about a hand-to-hand combat iPhone app that uses stick figures. The screen tilting action associated with this game is extremely smooth, and this is definitely of the 10 best iPhone apps for 2010. This is also a free app, but you may need to buy your way into higher levels.
- The Weather Channel 2.82. As addicting as the Weather Channel can be to watch, so can this app be to use. It has everything you would ever want to know about the weather anywhere in the world. There are even extra features, such as allergy alerts and smog alerts. It is a free app.
- Yelp 4.3.0. Yelp continues to be upgraded constantly as an iPhone app, and this most recent version of Yelp is definitely one of the 10 best iPhone apps for 2010. Yelp offers information on restaurants, such as menus, locations and customer reviews, and helps you make a reservation as well. Yelp is also a full-service travel app, pointing you towards coffee shops, diners and shopping malls as well. The app is free.
- Pandora Radio 3.1.1. Pandora is a website that allows you to create your own custom radio stations, write reviews of music and read reviews others have written. This app takes satellite radio one step further by allowing you to make your own playlist.