So you've decided you want to learn the language of love, and you need the 10 best iPhone apps for learning French. Chosen by their high ratings and ease of use by thousands of users, you'll be loving the French language as much as the ladies love you. From advanced French instruction to basic French instruction, you are sure to find an iPhone app that fits your personality and needs best. Learning a new language should be fun and engaging, and these iPhone apps have proven they are above the rest in total retention and ease of use.
- French 101, by 24/7 Tutor . This iPhone app includes engaging, interactive programs to help you really get into learning French. Includes puzzle games, flash cards, multiple choice quizzes and write-in tests. Provides basic language vocabulary in categories such as family, friends, travel, home and more.
- French Audio Flashcards, by Declan Software. Native speaker audio helps to walk you through the pronunciation of over 4,400 words and phrases. Flash card reviews and exercises help with memorization techniques.
- Lingopal French-talking phrasebook, by Lingopal. If you just need a quick phrase to get you by, this iPhone app can help. Includes over 900 professionally translated audio files, and you can also access it offline.
- AccelaStudy French, by Renkara Media Group, Inc. Includes Native speaker audio so you can master the correct pronunciation of words in French. Includes over 60 subject areas with over 2,400 basic and advanced words. Accelastudy also has automatic statistics to keep track of your learning, quizzes, flash cards and a searchable dictionary.
- iSpeak French, by Future Apps, Inc. This iPhone app actually translates back and forth between French and English. Copy and paste or type in what you would like to have translated, and it then speaks the translation so you can hear how it should be said. Allows you to save phrases that may become handy.
- Free French Essentials, AccelaStudy, by Renkara Media Group, Inc. Includes a dictionary as well as keeps all of your learning statistics. Listen to Native speakers pronouncing the words so you get it right the first time. This is the free version of the AccelaStudy French iPhone app.
- French Travel Pro, by Marty McDonough. Boasts more voice translations than any other translator. Learn French in over 200 categories of daily life. No Wi-Fi needed.
- LearnEazy: FRENCH, by MooreApps. This iPhone app requires no internet connection and uses pictures with native speaker audio for more visual learners. Great for adults and children. Includes fun quizzes to test yourself.
- French 103 Phrases, by 24/7 Tutor. This iPhone app is a step above the basic French 101 version. Includes phrases for you to practice and learn with native French audio. Puzzle games and even write-in tests will keep you on your feet.
- iLearn French, by Kdan Mobile Software LTD. Includes twelve categories of word sections, text to speech, voice recording so you can hear yourself speaking and a favorite words section for convenience.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Style Profile: Jesse Nolan of Caught a Ghost
One of the most stylish guys in indie music on the benefits of dressing up for your home office and the "Blossom"-esque trend men should avoid.
Liev Schreiber Is a Bit Nicer Than Ray Donovan
With Season 2 underway, the actor explains how he relates to the nefarious character he plays.
7 Dates You Can’t Go On Until You’re ‘Dating’
Here are seven outings to avoid until she officially becomes your girlfriend. Unless you’d like that to not, you know, ever actually happen.