Brush up on your Kanji with these 10 best iPhone apps for learning Japanese. If you're planning a trip to Japan, you may want to be able to say something other than "Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto" when you get there. If you have an iPhone you can take advantage of all of the apps available to help you learn Japanese. Like most language apps, most of the apps that iPhone uses to help you learn Japanese rely on a combination of recorded phrases, flashcards and interactive games to help you commit words to memory and work on your pronunciation. These 10 iPhone apps for learning Japanese may not make you fluent, but they can teach you enough to make sure you avoid quoting Styx lyrics to everyone that walks down the street.
- Acelastudy Japanese uses the tried and true method of recorded speakers, quizzes and flashcards to encourage you to learn Japanese through memorization. This iPhone app won't teach you much about writing Japanese or Kanji, but it will help with learning the words and pronunciation.
- Human Japanese is an iPhone app for learning Japanese that skips the recorded words and phrases and teaches you Japanese through interactive games and quizzes. However if you really just want something to listen to while you're learning Japanese you can listen to The Vapors "Turning Japanese" or Styx "Mr. Roboto" over and over again while you learn.
- Japanese Flip uses a series of flip style flash cards to help you learn Japanese. This iPhone app for learning Japanese can teach 6,000 words of basic Japanese, that may not make you fluent, but will give a good foundation for learning Japanese on your iPhone .
- Japanese 101 is an iPhone app that helps you learn Japanese through repetition. You listen to recorded words and phrases and repeat them into the apps voice recorder to work on your pronunciation and commit the words to memory. It also gives you a crash course in Japanese Kanji and grammar.
- Apple Otaku is a flashcard based iPhone app for learning Japanese. It even teaches you a bit of Kanji along the way.
- Pocket Japanese Beginner is an iPhone for learning Japanese that uses a combination of recorded native Japanese speakers, flashcards and interactive games to teach you the language.
- iStart Japanese is the only iPhone app for learning Japanese that is designed to work like an in person tutoring session. It relies heavily on recorded words and the apps voice recorder to help you learn the words through memorization and work on your pronunciation.
- Japanese Kanji may not help with your pronunciation but this iPhone app for learning Japanese will definitely help get your Kanji up to speed. It uses a series of interactive games to help you learn how to read and draw Japanese Kanji.
- Kotoba Japanese Dictionary is a one stop iPhone app for learning Japannese. It's filled with quick phrases for everyday situations, along with features to help you work on your pronunciation, grammar and Kanji.
- Beginning Japanese is an iPhone app for leaning Japanese that uses flashcards to help you memorize Japanese words. It also has a study bank that stores your problem areas so you can focus on them later.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
Cooking With Booze: Bourbon Barrel Quad Ice Cream
If you're ever going to make dessert, make it this beer-and-bourbon brilliance.