The debate over the 10 best Irish ballads is not one that will be taken up by the major governments of the world. The conversation will echo through the ages, even if the leaders of the world do not take up this vital issue. Made Man writers are more than willing to take up this important issue.
- “The Irish Ballad.” Tom Lehrer’s “The Irish Ballad” did not achieve the same level of fame as his chart-topping power songs, “Poisoning Pigeons in the Park” or “The Masochism Tango.”
- “The Minstrel Boy.” This Irish ballad was written after Thomas Moore watched his friend die at Trinity College in Dublin. Moore wrote the song after the Irish Rebellion of 1798.
- “Danny Boy.” Danny Boy is technically a Scottish ballad, but many people will sing it as an Irish song on Saint Patrick’s Day and ignore where the song comes from.
- “The Wild Rover.” How can a song that nearly every Celtic or Irish band covers not be included on the list of top Irish ballads?
- “The Long Black Veil.” This song debuted in 1959 as a country ballad. Many Celtic bands have made given it a uniquely Irish twist.
- “A Nation Once Again.” This song, one of the greatest Irish ballads, celebrates the rebirth of the Nation after the Irish gained independence from the English.
- “The Last Unicorn.” The Last Unicorn answers the question of why there are not any unicorns around any more. Listeners find out that Noah could not get them onto the ark. There is no fighting or English oppression in this song.
- “Ten Thousand Miles Away.” An Irish ballad that involves Pirates. How can it not make it onto a list of the best Irish ballads??
- “Down in the Willow Garden.” Rose Connelly, another name for this song, belongs into the murdered sweetheart pattern.
- “Molly Brown.” Another one of the greatest Irish ballads where a person’s lover gets murdered. Irish ballads obviously once serve the same purpose as modern crime dramas.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?