The 10 Best Italian Actors are comprised of some of the most well known names in film. These actors include those who are known for their roles as Mafia Dons, Boston cops, and brilliantly portrayed bad guys.
- John Turturro, made his big screen debut in the 1980 flick, "Raging Bull", and earned his place as one of the best Italian actors. Since then he has starred in several Adam Sandler films such as "Mr. Deeds" and "Anger Management." Turturro also played Agent Simmons in "Transformers" and the sequel "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen."
- Ray Romano starred as Ray Barone from 1996 to 2005 in both "Everybody Loves Raymond" and the "King of Queens." He has starred as Manny in "The Ice Age" and the sequels that followed. In 2009 he starred as Joe Tranelli in "Men of a Certain Age" co-starring Scott Bakula and Owen Thoreau, Jr.
- Frank Sinatra is known for roles like Private Angelo Maggio in "From Here to Eternity" and Danny Ocean in "Ocean's Eleven." He was also a member of the Rat Pack which included Dean Martin and Sammy Davis, Jr. Sinatra is also known for his music, which appears on blockbuster soundtracks still to this day.
- Quentin Tarantino is best known as the writer of such films as "Kill Bill," "Inglorious Bastards," and "Natural Born Killer." But he also starred in films such as "From Dusk Till Dawn," "Little Nicky," and "Planet Terror."
- James Gandolfini starred as Tony Soprano in the HBO series "The Sopranos" from 1999 to 2007. He also starred as Virgil as in "True Romance" and as Tiny Duffy in "All the King's Men." His role of Tony Soprano has become his franchise and reason enough to call me one of the world's best Italian actors.
- Al Pacino has become a mafia film legend and one of few referred to as the best Italian actors. As Michael Corleone in "The Godfather," "The Godfather II," and "The Godfather III" he set the standard for all mafia movies to come. Pacino later raised the bar as Tony Montana in "Scarface."
- Leonardo DiCaprio made his debute on "The New Lassie" in 1990. He has played as everything from an artist to an the twin of a king. His most memorable roles, however, include Billy Costigan in "The Departed" and Teddy Daniels in "Shutter Island."
- John Travolta became a star with his roles as Tony Manero in "Saturday Night Fever" and Danny Zuko in "Grease." Since his start he has starred as Vincent Vega in the cult classic "Pulp Fiction" and Charlie Wax in "From Paris with Love."
- Nicolas Cage's given name is Nicolas Kim Coppola and is the nephew of legend Francis Ford Coppola. He has starred in "Con Air" as Cameron Poe and played opposite John Travolta in "Face Off." Many are aware that he is a great actor, but with family roots like these he must be called one of the best Italian actors.
- Sylvester Stallone is often the first name mentioned when discussing the best Italian actors. After all he became a movie legend playing the Italian Stallion, Rocky Balboa in "Rocky." He is also well known for his portrayal of John Rambo in the blockbuster film "Rambo."
Everybody has at some point in their education developed a crush on a certain teacher. It's as important a part of your ...
We preview the year's futuristic films and rate them for plausibility. (Mila Kunis, mankind's fate rests in your hands.)
Some cinematic vacations just look so tempting and luxurious that you find yourself contemplating whether to dive head f ...