Finding the 10 best Italian restaurants in Boston can be very time consuming. There is an entire neighborhood in Boston dedicated to Italian cuisine, as well as many other top quality Italian restaurants located throughout the city. To help with your search, here are the 10 best Italian restaurants in the city of Boston.
- Trattoria Toscana. This is the best Italian restaurant in the entire city of Boston. This small, casual restaurant is a hidden gem. The menu is jam packed with delicious authentic Italian dishes. The winning appetizer is the antipasto; that is the best you can find without traveling to Italy. Trattoria Toscana: 130 Jersey St., Boston, MA 02215, (617) 247-9508.
- Giacomo's. This is an excellent authentic Italian restaurant that is located in the famous North End neighborhood. Giacomo's is another small, casual restaurant that is always busy, and it can be very difficult to get a table, but it is worth the wait. Everything on the menu is delicious, but the winning dish is the pumpkin tortellini, or anything with seafood. Giacomo's: 355 Hanover St., Boston, MA 02113, (617) 523-9026.
- Osteria Rustico. This is another one of the best Italian restaurants in the city. It is a small, cafe-type eatery that is affordable and traditional. When dining for lunch on a nice warm day, you can sit outside at one of the tables there. The arugula salad is a great choice for a light meal. Osteria Rustico: 85 Canal St., Boston, MA 02114, (617) 742-8770.
- Via Matta. This is an upscale restaurant that offers authentic Italian cuisine and wine. The dishes have a gourmet touch, but still stick to their Italian roots. The perfect meal would be the Buffalo mozzarella on semolina, followed by the beef sirloin allegro and finished with the one-of-a-kind mascarporeos. Via Matta: 79 Park Place, Boston, MA 02116, (617) 422-0008.
- Toscano. This is a beautifully decorated, traditional Italian restaurant that is sure to satisfy your appetite. Enjoy one of their menu dishes paired with a suggested wine for a meal you are sure not to forget. Be sure to try one of the flavored risottos and the tiramisu served in a martini glass. Toscano: 47 Charles St., Boston, MA 02114, (617) 723-4090.
- Sorellina. Another one of the best Italian restaurants, Sorellina is located in Boston's Back Bay. Sorellina is a gourmet restaurant that will satisfy your appetite. Each of the dishes on the menu is beautifully designed and is a treat for the eyes as well as the stomach. The restaurant is slightly pricey, but well worth the money. Sorellina: 1 Huntington Ave., Boston, MA 02118, (617) 412-4600.
- Pomodoro. This is a cozy Italian trattoria that is very impressive. Pomodoro is an intimate and romantic restaurant that has only about eight tables, so be sure to get there early. They make a traditional red sauce that tops all others. Pomodoro: 319 Hanover St., Boston, MA 02113, (617) 367-4348.
- Taranta Cucina Meridionale. This restaurant will give you a unique experience with Italian food. Taranta's menu is based on southern Italian and Peruvian dishes for a different twist on the traditional Italian food you are used to. The mix of ethnicity is a match made in heaven, and the dishes will speak for themselves. Taranta Cucina Meridionale: 210 Hanover St., Boston, MA 02113, (617) 720-0052.
- Grotto. This is another great restaurant. Grotto offers a fixed-price dinner menu that includes three courses. The garlic soup, sweet potato ravioli and banana bread pudding are great choices, but anything on the menu will be delicious. Grotto: 37 Bowdoin St., Boston, MA 02114, (617) 227-3434.
- Maurizio's. This is another restaurant located in Boston's North End that you will be glad you went to. Another casual restaurant that offers delicious, homemade, authentic Italian cuisine. A unique, but delicious, dish to try is the black penne with salmon. Maurizio's: 364 Hanover St., Boston, MA 02113, (617) 367-1123.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."