The ten best Italian restaurants in Kansas City all have a common theme: traditional Italian fare, fine dining and reasonable prices for the pocket book.
Italian restaurants make for a popular gathering place for friends and family. If you are entertaining out-of-town guests or simply looking for fine food, excellent service and a great atmosphere, the Italian restaurants below will more than satisfy.
The top ten Italian restaurants in Kansas City:
- Carmen’s Café is a neighborhood style restaurant from old mother Italy. The staff is friendly and the food exquisite. This venue really caters to the traditionalist, with its plates and ambiance. Be sure to try the deep fried ravioli with a tall Italian beer. Carmen’s Café: 6307 Brookside Plaza. 816-333-4048
- Cupini’s boasts freshly prepared daily pastas and sauces with real authentic charm. A local favorite for over twenty years, this Italian masterpiece offers traditional Tuscany fare and real Italian flair. Open the menu and marvel because the choice is vast and everything is delicious. Cupini’s: 1809 Westport Road. 816-753-7662
- Garozzo’s is a superb dining experience boasting large helpings at small plate prices. Their lush, flavor-filled menu offers many traditional favorites and fares you may not find at every Italian restaurant. This is a very popular location, often having a line to get in. It is well worth the wait without question. Garozzo’s: 9950 College Boulevard. 913-491-8300
- Il Trullo offers traditional plates of fine Italian cuisine in a small restaurant setting that is sure to please. This ma and pa style restaurant offers hearty plates and small prices, each prepared with the same love and attention to detail your mom used to give. Il Trullo: 9056 Metcalf Avenue. 913-341-0138
- Jasper’s Restaurant may not be the name you think of when you think Italian, but think again. This is a Kansas City icon and neighborhood favorite tossing one of the best Italian food on the table. Simply a charming and rustic location putting up one of the finest menus around, come in and have a seat. Jasper’s Restaurant: 1201 W 103rd Street. 816-941-6600
- Lidia’s is an Italian food and wine drinker’s paradise. It has a great traditional menu with some house specials and authentic old style wines at very affordable prices. Centrally located and constantly busy, this is a surefire fun spot for fine food and good times. Lidia’s: 101 W 22nd Street. 816-221-3722
- Osteria Il Centro is a European-style bistro preparing the best pasta-based meals in the state. Holding a refined and very romantic atmosphere, it has quickly become one of the hot date spots in Kansa City. Osteria Il Centro: 5101 Main Street. 816-561-2369
- Paulo & Bill offers upscale, fine Italian dining in a romantic and fresh setting. The food is superb and the wait staff second to none. A little pricey but offers a complete dining experience. Paulo & Bill: 16501 Midland Drive. 913-962-9900
- Cascone’s is a traditional Italian restaurant owned and operated by a traditional Italian family. It serves fine dining with a menu straight from the heart of Italy. Being very well presented with an extensive list of choices has made this locale a favorite among the residents. Cascone’s: 3737 N Oak. (816) 454-7977
- La Bodega is a fun spot with an excellent patio to accompany its fine menu. The crew here is top notch and the food superb. Be sure to try their spinach pasta and linguini. Exquisite! La Bodega703 Southwest Boulevard. (816) 472-8272
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …