The 10 best Italian restaurants in New York City are located in various parts of the city, featuring some old-world dining recipes, in addition to new-age blended cuisines. Regardless of the season, New Yorker's will brave the snow, rain or sweltering sunshine to come out and dine in their favorite Italian restaurants.
- Babbo. A smart-casual Italian restaurant in Greenwich Village, Babbo serves classic Italian cuisine and wines. Recipe blends come from Italy's Almafi Coast and Sicily. During the last decade, the James Beard Foundation awarded Babbo with "Best New Restaurant of the Year" and "Outstanding Chef of the Year." Babbo, 110 Waverly Place, New York, NY 10011.
- Convivio. Located in Manhattan, this Italian restaurant offers rich, flavorful Southern Italian cuisine. Try their one-of-a-kind pesto, pancetta and even sea urchin. The press has called Convivio's dishes "soulful and authentic" and "among the city's best." Convivio, 45 Tudor City Place, New York, NY 10017.
- Esca. In Italian, Esca means "bait" and this ten best Italian restaurant features many delectable seafood dishes. Its fish and seafood are chosen carefully, and garnered with a myriad of different sea salts while cooking. Italian wines and oils are also used to prepare entrees, each picked with the utmost consideration. Wines served are also chosen because of taste, not value or price. Esca, 402 W. 43rd St., New York, NY 10036.
- Falai. Named one of "New York's Best Italian Restaurants" by Time Out Magazine, Falai features traditional Italian dishes as well as new American breakfast entrees. All breads, pasta's and dessert pastries are made fresh daily on-site at the Falai restaurant. Come in for their $20 lunch specials Monday through Friday or get half-priced baked goods daily after 7 p.m. Falai, 68 Clinton St., New York, NY 10002.
- Felidia Ristorante. Opened in 1981, this ten best restaurant in New York City features cuisine from various regions of Italy. The New York Times named Felidia Ristorante a 3-star dining establishment and they've also won the Wine Spectator's Grand Award over the last several years. Felidia Ristorante, 243 East 58th St., New York, NY 10022.
- Marea. Situated in Central Park South, this ten best Italian restaurant offers high quality seafood and Italian fare. You'll find unique entree's on the menu including Santa Barbara sea urchin, eggplant funghetto, seaweed-marinated Halibut and Fusilli with tomato, octopus and bone marrow. Marea blends the best of old-world Italy with new-age Mediterranean cuisine. Marea, 240 Central Park South, New York, NY 10019.
- Mia Dona. Serving Greek-influenced Italian fare, Mia Dona is a ten best Italian restaurant with extraordinary cuisine, at great prices. Choose from poached cod seasoned with olive oil, milk-braised veal, or the unique blend of sausage, bay scallops and bigoli pasta. Mia Dona serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Mia Dona, 206 E. 58th St., New York, NY 10022.
- Centro Vinoteca. This ten best Italian restaurant has a wine list offering over 200 different types. The dining establishment is casual, yet elegant, and the cuisine served blends classic Italian fare with modern cooking techniques and ingredients. Centro Vinoteca is a two-story establishment with an intimate dining area upstairs, plus a bar with french windows on the first floor. Centro Vinoteca, 74 Seventh Avenue S., New York, NY 10014.
- Macelleria. An upscale Italian restaurant in New York, Macelleria offers Northern Italian cuisine that focuses on the cuts of meat served to their patrons. Macelleria used to be a butcher shop and meat warehouse; therefore they know their meat and what will taste best in various dishes. Try the garganelli with oxtail ragu, the porterhouse steak for two or the papardelle with a wild boar sauce. Macelleria's recipes come from various regions in Italy, as does their exquisite wine selection. Macelleria, 48 Gansevoort St., New York, NY 10014
- Casa Lever. Experience cuisine of Milan at Casa Lever. This Italian restaurant features of a menu of unforgettable cuisine, wine and dining ambiance. Choose from one of Casa Lever's four dining rooms to eat your Italian fare – the landscaped terrace, the romantic, private dining room, their landmark lobby or main dining room. Casa Lever serves both lunch and dinner, seven days a week. Casa Lever, 390 Park Ave., New York, NY 10022.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…