From wonderfully affordable to enviably pricey, these 10 best Italian restaurants in Portland, Oregon, encompass the aromas and ambiance of Tuscany, Provence and the Mediterranean, each with its own unique style and interpretation.
- Ciao Vito. Sophisticated yet rustic in ambiance, this enchanting Italian find serves traditional fares with a modern flare while keeping prices reasonable and the service warm and professional. This best Italian restaurant in Portland, Oregon, is located at 2203 N.E. Alberta. Reservations: (503) 282-552.
- Fratelli. Located in Portland’s Pearl District, this chic Italian restaurant and its adjoining Bar Dué offers diners regional Italian fare, with house-infused seasonal cocktails and Italian delicacies from the wood-burning oven. This sophisticated best Italian restaurant in Portland, Oregon, is located at 1230 N.W. Hoyt St. Reservations: (503) 241-8800.
Serratto. This elegant neighborhood tratorria encompasses the best of the Mediterranean, Tuscany and Provence in its modern twist on age-old Italian fare. Changing the menu seasonally, the chef pays homage to locally grown produce, the freshest seafood, and natural meats. This lively, best Italian restaurant in Portland, Oregon, is located at 2112 N.W. Kearney St. Reservations: (503) 221-1195.
- Pazzo Ristorante. Filled with Tuscan charm, this downtown Portland Italian bakery-restaurant entices you to enter with its beautiful decor and fragrant aromas. Highlighting local seasonal ingredients and traditional Northern Italian cuisine, this casual yet elegant retreat presents a sophisticated medley of Mediterranean flavors. This best Italian restaurant in Portland, Oregon, is located at 627 S.W. Washington. Reservations: (503) 228-1515.
- Il Piatto. Exquisitely charming, this little neighborhood retreat offers the best of Italy cooked from the freshest local ingredients. Discover the nuisances of Italian cuisine and seasonings, and sample a wide range of Italian wines from different regions. This affordable yet unique Italian restaurant in Portland, Oregon, is located at 2348 SE Ankeny St. Reservations: (503) 236-4997.
Iorio Restaurant. Offering the best of Tuscany, each night’s menu at this fine dining spot entices diners to sample the Chef’s four-course special. The cozy ambiance and delicious cuisine are complimented further by live music on special nights. This best Italian Restaurant in Portland, Oregon, is located at 912 S.E. Hawthorne Blvd. Reservations: (503) 445-4716.
Castagna. This charming Italian gem offers the best of Provence and Tuscany. With a fixed dining prices, the menu offers a four-course meal of your choosing. While a rich list of French and Italian wines wait to entice your palate. This best Italian restaurant in Portland, Oregon, is located at 1752 S.E. Hawthorne Blvd. Reservations: (503) 231-7373.
- Genoa. Voted Portland’s top Italian restaurant by Zagat Survey, this exquisite Italian experience appeals to diners’ every sense. With succulent flavors and savory aromas, each stage of the three, four or seven course meals is tantalizing and unforgettable. This expensive and luxurious Italian restaurant in Portland, Oregon, is located at: 2832 S.E. Belmont St. Reservations: (503) 238-1464.
- Larkleswis. This rustic-Italian restaurant located in the midst of the former loading docks and warehouses in industrial southeast Portland, offers rustic-Italian cuisine with handmade pastas and braised meats. Incorporating traditional slow-cooking methods and the freshest ingredients, this casual spot offers a treat for family dining. This best Italian restaurant in Portland, Oregon, is located at 1001 SE Water Ave. Reservations: (503) 493-9500.
- Mama Mia. This charming Italian tratorria, offers timeless favorites in a rustic, casual ambiance. Made fresh daily, every part of the rich Italian fare incorporates the best of Italian traditions, flavors and aromas. This best Italian restaurant in Portland, Oregon, is located at 439 S.W. 2nd Ave. Reservations: (503) 295-6464.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …