If you’re thinking about traveling to our nation’s capital, grab a bite to eat at these 10 best Italian restaurants in Washington, D.C. Visiting sites like the Washington Monument and African American Civil War Memorial can work up an appetite. Why not take a break and fuel up for your next sightseeing adventures?
- Etrusco: This restaurant doesn’t feature a huge menu like most Italian restaurants. Instead you’ll find a smaller list of the chef’s specialty dishes. He makes his own homemade Italian sausages, which is a good thing. The sausage is fresh and spiced just right. Check this elegant restaurant out at 1606 20th St NW, Washington, D.C. 20009. (202) 667-0047
- Filomena Ristorante: On Saturdays and Sundays you’ll find a delicious lunch buffet spread loaded with chicken dishes, pastas, pizza, salads, homemade desserts and seafood. Dining on these days saves you money. 1063 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, D.C. 20007. (202) 338-8800
- Obelisk: Obelisk doesn’t have an extravagant appearance or a huge menu. It’s simple and comfortable. There’s a daily prix fixe menu for keeping it interesting every time you dine. 2029 P St NW, Washington, D.C. 20036. (202) 872-1180
- Ristorante i Ricchi: This Italian restaurant serves hearty portions of food. From pastas to warm fresh baked breads, your meal is good to the last bite. 1220 19th St NW, Washington, D.C. 20036. (202)835-0459
- Ristorante Tosca:Tosca boasts a fantastic menu of fresh ingredients and food. Their entrees are some of the best in Washington D.C. Dress your very best because this is an elegant dining place. Prices are high so bring the credit card. 1112 F St NW, Washington, D.C. 20004. (202) 367-1990
- Otello: One of the Italian restaurants that features a friendly staff and very comfortable eating experience. The food is typical Italian but well-seasoned. It’s not an expensive restaurant compared to some on this list and it’s great for kids. 1329 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, D.C. 20036. (202) 429-0209
- Al Tiramisu: Al Tiramisu is expensive and the décor backs that up. It’s elegant so dress in your best attire. The menu is quite fabulous with dishes like grilled calamari and fettuccini with veal ragu. Guys don’t bring a date if you have a problem with good looking bartenders. I hear he’s a hottie. Otherwise it’s a romantic type of restaurant with a delicious wine menu. 2014 P St NW, Washington, D.C. 20036. (202) 467-4466
- Siroc Restaurant: If you want a good experience, check out Siroc. This restaurant serves a good meal complemented by crisp wine. Dessert is just as good. It’s expensive and not for kids. Taking your date is a better idea. 915 15th St NW, Washington, D.C. 20005. (202) 628-2220
- Ristorante La Perla: Old-fashioned Italian food served in giant portions describes La Perla. This is one of our Italian restaurants that know how to cook Italian the way it should be. 2600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, D.C. 20037. (202) 333-1767
- Al Crostino: Usually packed at night because it serves a good dish of Italian. The food is terrific and prepared fresh. Wash it down with something from the full bar. Prices are high, so expect to pay well. 1324 U St NW, Washington, D.C. 20009. (202) 797-0523
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.