Get your grind on with the ten best Jamaican Reggae artists. Throughout history the ten best Jamaican Reggae artists have used the rhythm of the islands to bring conscious thought and ass shaking beats to the masses across the globe.
- Bob Marley. He may be an obvious choice to be included in the list of the ten best Jamaican Reggae artists, but no one can dispute that Bob Marley was a musical genius.
- Peter Tosh. His songs of pot and freedom is what earned Peter Tosh a place on our list of the ten best Jamaican Reggae artists. His song “Legalize It” is still a rallying cry to stoners every where.
- Jimmy Cliff. You would have to be an enemy of music not to like this one of the ten best Jamaican Reggae artists. His songs of the struggles facing the poor on the streets of Kingston shed light on the horrors of poverty but always have the ring of inner strength to them.
- Inner Circle. Perhaps best known for singing the theme song from “Cops," this one of the ten best Jamaican Reggae artists knows how to rock like no other.
- Sean Paul. If you need someone who can get the crowd moving and asses on the dance floor, look no further than this one of the ten best Jamaican Reggae artists. His bass driven dance hall beats have brought Reggae dance hall to a whole new generation.
- Mad Cobra. He may not be much to look at, but this one of the ten best Jamaican Reggae artists knows how to make the music that will get you in the mood. Throw on some Mad Cobra and get ready to wind those hips up.
- Lady Saw. Considered by many to be the queen of the dance hall, this one of the ten best Jamaican Reggae artists brings sass and girl power to everything she does.
- Rita Marley. While most people may know her for being Bob Marley’s wife, over the years this one of the ten best Jamaican Reggae artists has managed to put together an impressive body of work in her solo career. Her music is soft and tender while still breathing life into the struggles of the oppressed.
- Alton Ellis. Taking the politics out of the music and bringing you something sweet and mellow to grove to is a speciality for this one of the ten best Jamaican Reggae artists. The upbeat mellow sounds of tunes like “Rocksteady” added a spicy vibe to the pop music on the 60's.
- Eek-A-Mouse. Say what you will about the funny name, this one of the ten best Jamaican Reggae artists mixes politics with solid bass beats that always get the crowd going.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.