Curious about the 10 best Japanese restaurants in Boston? If you are trying to find the best Japanese restaurant in Boston, you've come to the right place. There are many different Japanese restaurants in Boston, and finding the right one can sometimes be difficult. Here is a list of the 10 best to help you with your search.
- Genki Ya. This is the best Japanese restaurant in Boston. This all-natural and organic restaurant has interesting and creative specialty sushi rolls. It uses organic vegetables and fresh seafood, which makes the food top quality. It has reasonable prices and the service is outstanding. The Genki Ya roll and volcano roll are must-try dishes. For an added touch, they even give you the option of having brown rice or multi grain rice on your maki instead of white rice, a great option for the health conscious. Genki Ya: 398 Harvard St., Brookline, MA 02446. (617) 277-3100.
- O Ya. This is another great Japanese restaurant. O Ya is a small, intimate, upscale restaurant that provides you with a one-of-a-kind dining experience. The menu includes fresh delicious sushi, traditional Japanese cuisine including Wagyu beef, an extensive saki menu and some delicious desserts. Not only is this one of the best Japanese restaurants in Boston, it is one of the best restaurants in Boston period. O Ya: 9 East St., Boston, MA 02111. (617) 654-9900.
- Cafe Mami. This is a delicious choice for a Japanese restaurant. Cafe Mami is primarily a take-out restaurant but they do have a few tables for eat-in. You can watch cooks in the open kitchen and see that they use all fresh ingredients. The yakidon is a delicious choice of entree. Cafe Mami: 1815 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA 02140. (617) 547-9130.
- Shabu Zen. Shabu Zen is a unique and delicious Japanese restaurant. Specializing in the Japanese hot-pot style cooking called shabu shabu, this restaurant is a great place to dine for a unique experience. You choose from a variety of different meats that are served raw with a sampling of raw vegetables. You are also served a hot pot filled with the broth of your choice to cook your entree in. This flavorful meal is delicious and fun! Shabu Zen: 16 Tyler St., Boston, MA 02111. (617) 292-8828.
- Fugakyu. This is one of the best sushi and authentic Japanese restaurants in Boston. From the fresh seafood to the traditional Japanese decor, this restaurant has it all. They specialize in seafood salad and a mini kaiseki set with wine. Fugakyu: 1280 Beacon St., Brookline, MA 02446. (617) 734-1268.
- Kaze Shabu Shabu. This is another restaurant that specializes in shabu shabu. Kaze has a casual atmosphere and the prices to match. The menu offers all the selections of meat and seafood your could want as well as a few flavorful broth choices. A great choice for a date night. Kaze Shabu Shabu: 1 Harrison Ave., Boston, MA 02111. (617) 338-8283.
- Oishii. This is a great Japanese restaurant in Boston. Oishii offers upscale authentic Japanese cuisine made with fresh ingredients. The lobster maki and toro truffle roll are two of the best items on the menu and must be ordered. Oishii: 1166 Washington St., Boston, MA 02118. (617) 482-8868.
- Shiki. Shiki is one of the best restaurants in Boston that offers Japanese cuisine. The food is simplistic but has a touch of flare that makes it that much better. Shiki even has a small dish portion of the menu so you can try a few different items. Shiki is definitely a restaurant you should try. Shiki: 9 Babcock St., Brookline, MA 02445. (617) 738-0200.
- Uni Sashimi Bar at Clio. This is a sushi bar inside an upscale restaurant. The atmosphere, along with the food, is what sets Uni aside from the rest. It is a trendy sushi bar that has an added touch of luxury. Be sure to visit the bar for Maki Mondays, all you can eat maki for only $32. Uni Sashimi Bar: 370 Commonwealth Ave., Boston, MA 02215. (617) 536-7200.
- Ken's Ramen House. This is also one of the best Japanese restaurants in Boston. It specializes in noodle soups that are absolutely delicious. The prices are very low and the portions are large. This combination makes the restaurant even better. Ken's Ramen House: 1 Brighton Ave., Allston, MA 02134. (617) 254-5524.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …