Looking for a great Japanese restaurant in Chicago? Well look no further! The city of Chicago is known for being very diverse. There are many wonderful ethnic restaurants embedded into this fantastic city. Therefore narrowing down the 10 best Japanese restaurants in Chicago was pretty hard to accomplish, but here is who made the cut!
- Oysy Japanese Sushi Restaurant: Oysy is known for their great sushi and their variety of food. They are also known for having some of the prettiest prepared Sushi rolls in the city. Oysy Japanese Sushi Restaurant: 888 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60605. (312) 922-1127.
- Mirai: Mirai is known for their exceptional service, authentic Japanese food and a wonderful atmosphere. Mirai: 2020 W. Division St., Chicago, IL 60622. (773) 862-8500.
- Sushi Naniwa: Sushi Naniwa is located in the heart of downtown Chicago. The restaurant is most known for their outdoor seating and friendly staff. Sushi Naniwa: 607 N. Wells St., Chicago, IL 60654. (312) 255-8555.
- Ai Japanese Restaurant & Lounge: Ai Japanese restaurant is great place to mingle after a long day of work. The nice lounge feel creates a great ambiance for that much needed wind down. Ai Japanese Restaurant & Lounge: 358 W. Ontario St., Chicago, IL 60654. (312) 335-9888.
- Opera: If you’re looking for a great romantic Japanese restaurant to take your significant other, then Opera will not disappoint. Although the food maybe priced on the higher end, the food, service and atmosphere is well worth the cost. Opera: 1301 S. Wabash Ave., Chicago, IL 60605. (312) 461-0161.
- RA Sushi Bar Restaurant: RA Sushi Bar is a great happy hour spot for people who are craving sushi. This great restaurant has an excellent décor with great seating. The food is on par with other higher-class restaurants and the service is OK. RA Sushi Bar Restaurant: 1139 N. State St., Chicago, IL 60610. (312) 274-0011.
- Japonais Restaurant: Japonais is one of those overall great restaurants to head to when you just want some good cocktails, great music and stellar food. Japonais Restaurant: 600 W. Chicago Ave., Chicago, IL 60610. (312) 822-9600.
- Sushisamba: This restaurant has a great atmosphere, surrounded by great Japanese food with a little Latin flare. The huge yellow sign is what attracts patrons in, but the food and service is what makes them come back. Sushisamba: 504 N. Wells Street, Chicago, IL 60654. (312) 595-2300.
- South Coast Sushi Bar: This fabulous Sushi bar serves up some of the Sushi in the city of Chicago. Whether you are looking for a great location or a just some excellent Japanese food, you will not be sorry here. South Coast Sushi Bar: 1700 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60616. (312) 662-1700.
- Coast Sushi Bar: The Coast Sushi Bar is located on the north side of Chicago. This great Japanese restaurant has a very extensive menu, which includes Sushi and King Crab Rolls. Coast Sushi Bar: 2045 N. Damen Ave., Chicago, IL 60647. (773) 235-5775.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.